We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spanish trains

sydney
Level Contributor
176 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spanish trains

Can anyone tell me why on the spanish website they want your passport number as a document number.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,492 posts
3,723 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spanish trains

kit:

They just need a number because if you are not Spanish or a Spanish resident you cannot put the numbers they require. On most Spanish documents they require the DNI, which is the number of identification.

If you do not want to put your passport number, just write 123456789.

Bury St. Edmunds...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spanish trains

My wife and I are spending 4 days in BIlbao second week of May and would welcome being pointed in the right dtrection for any info, including if we can get, by train, to some small coastal town on one of the days We are near Abando station. Any tips about taxi from airport would be appreciated. Rob W

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,222 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spanish trains

Local train services are not run by RENFE

http://www.euskotren.es/

below is the information about bus or taxi services to and from teh airport.

www.aena.es/csee/Satellite…

Bury St. Edmunds...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spanish trains

Thanks for your info. Will follow that up

Hebrides
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spanish trains

Take Euskotren (narrow gauge line) from Atxuri station (at one end of the tramline, just outside the old city - an easy walk from Abando - but the tram is fun) to Bermeo. A brilliant hour and a quarter journey through beautiful country (once you're out of Bilbao's dreary suburbs) to a lovely little seaside town. The train goes through Gernika, as well. A splendid way to use time if you're Guggenheimed out (which I was after 30 minutes of vertigo), and all for €4.50 return!

The mainline run from Bilbao to Mirando del Ebro is also well worth the effort, too. That was the way we arrived in Bilbao, and it was spectacular, particularly the last hour or so.

Oh, and the ticket machines have an English language version, which makes it very easy.

Bury St. Edmunds...
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spanish trains

Thanks. appreciate your help and am doing to follow it..... Burian

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spanish trains

I'm trying to pin down the train service in southern Spain. Is there train service from Seville to Granada stopping at Rhonda? Also we want ot go from Granada to Costa del Sol---Malaga, Marbella and then Cadiz and maybe into Portugal.

As much as possible we are trying to avoid renting a car. I know there are different train compnaies (RENGE, AVE , local train service, etc.) but I can't find a clear map that would show us different routes. Hope someone can help---- this is a little frustrating.

hbz

Bilbao, Spain
Level Contributor
173 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spanish trains

Hi Attyhbz,

look at this web http://www.bahn.com/

Also you should look at the renfe website. Ave and local trains are Renfe's trains. http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Hope this helps. Have a nice trip.

PD: I think that taking buses is the best option.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,492 posts
3,723 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spanish trains

Attyhbz:

Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

10. Re: Spanish trains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 18, 2013