We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Zubiarte shopping centre

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Zubiarte shopping centre

Can someone please tell me if parking at Zubiarte shopping centre is free if you purchase something? I was considering parking here when I visit Guggenheim next month. How far is it from the museum? What about street parking?...is it easy to come by and what is the cost on a Thursday or Friday?

La Ribera Market
Historic Sites, Rides & Activities, Farmers Markets
La Bendita
Gift & Specialty Shops, Other Food & Drink
Banff, Canada
Destination Expert
for Banff, Banff National Park
Level Contributor
6,338 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Zubiarte shopping centre

Depending on where your hotel is, why just not leave your car at your hotel and take the Euskotran tram? The Guggenheim stop is so convenient, and the tram is fast, frequent and cheap. The automated ticket machines at each stop give you directions in English - it's very tourist-friendly.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Zubiarte shopping centre

I will actually be driving from San Sebastian for a day trip to visit the Guggenheim.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Zubiarte shopping centre

Street parking is nearly impossible at anytime of the day. If all you're planning on doing is visiting Bilbao and the Guggenheim, then save the gas, tolls and parking charges and take the bus. It is far more convenient than driving. What you save you can use towards lunch.

Parking at Zubiarte Center is in the underground parking garage, and not free.

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
2,042 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking at Zubiarte shopping centre

I think the minimum purchase for a 2 hour free parking is 15 euros...It´s very close to the Guggenheim, it may take 10 minutes to get to the museum. Street parking is subject to parking meter system, called OTA here, you may pay about two euros for two hours.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking at Zubiarte shopping centre

We are visiting Bilbao and were thinking of parking in the Zubiarte car park too. We are worried about car crime given our car will be full of stuff. Does anyone know if there is any car park in Bilbao near the Guggenheim which has a good reputation for security?

6. Re: Parking at Zubiarte shopping centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 16, 2010