We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assistance

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Assistance

Hello,

I will be travelling to Bilbao from 01-09 to 04-10.

My goal is to find a nice venue, bar, club etc which is going to be able to host a party in July 2010. We will have approximately 250 people at this party so it needs to be something of a decent size and preferably in a nice part of town.

I will also be looking in San Sebastian and Santander if I cant find anything suitable in Bilbao but I would prefer Bilbao.

If anybody can help by either:

1. Suggesting some ideas, names of bars, venues, clubs etc with addresses.

2. Meeting me if you have time during the period 30-09 to 04-10 to show me around the city and help with arrangements. Willing to pay for time and expenses.

We currently arrange European events in 17 different European cities on organised road trips and this will be number 18.

If you are interested in helping out, or just able to give some advice please do so.

Am able to provide web site for you to look at as well if you prefer.

Thanks

Greg

Biarritz, France
Level Contributor
157 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assistance

Greg, check the Antzoki, an old church truned into a club in a nice part of Bilbao .

Biarritz, France
Level Contributor
157 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Assistance

Not a church Greg, an old theatre, that´s what it was.

Also in the old part you have Bilborock, that was a real church.

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Assistance

Thanks, I will have a look. Do you know where it is exactly, or what street?

Greg

Bilbao, Spain
Destination Expert
for Bilbao, San Sebastian - Donostia, Basque Country, La Rioja
Level Contributor
2,110 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Assistance

Antzoki is right on the very centre, on Jardines de Albia square, next to San Vicente church. You won´t get a private venue there, but it´s big enough to host you and the general public.

Bilborock, a desacralized church, is close to it, it´s on the other side of the river on the Old Town, in Hernani street. Can´t miss it if you are on the old town.

London
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Assistance

Thanks so much for the information. I'll be checking it out on Thursday.

Greg

guadalupe
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Assistance

Hi greg,

Guggenheim museum in the lease space for events and is a special place in Bilbao, also in the palace on the terrace euskalduna events are organized.

eventos@guggenheimbilbao.es.

If you are interested I can help and ask prices, I have time. I also know people who are responsible for organizing local music if required.

you can write to

m.abaitua @ hotmail.com

greetings

Macarena Abaitua

7. Re: Assistance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 29, 2010