We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao or Miro Hotel Bilbao

Melbourne
Level Contributor
284 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao or Miro Hotel Bilbao

Both hotels looks fab - can anyone tell me if they have stayed at both or alternatively which is the better of the two i.e. location, rooms, views of Guggenheim.

Antwerp
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao or Miro Hotel Bilbao

Gran Domine is better of those two hotels, if you want a good view of Guggenheim, but you need to book an executive room (which is quite a lot more expensive). The more reasonably priced rooms don't have a view.

Gran Domine is bigger than Miro Hotel. It is very nicely designed and has lot of services. The personnel is quite "cool" and somehow impersonal. The waiters in the lounge bar and the cafe-restaurant are not even friendly.

Miro Hotel is only a 2 minute walk away from Gran Domine, and it also has very good views from street side rooms. It's a smaller and more friendly hotel, also very nicely designed and minimalistic.

My preferred hotel in Bilbao is Lopez de Haro, which certainly has a lot of style and charm, more traditional, though. It's also nearer the good shopping streets and excellent tapas/pintxo bars. Only a 3-4 minute from Guggenheim.

Enjoy Bilbao!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao or Miro Hotel Bilbao

The GHDB is a 5-star top-of-the-line hotel with superb service and would be very hard to beat in Bilbao. You can actually book a double or superior room with a view of the Guggenheim. The executive suites are on the upper floors and face the museum.

The Miro is more of a high tech style hotel just down the street from the GHDB. It's a bit different, but very upscale. The rooms face the new park and you are only a few minutes from the museum.

The Haro is indeed a classic, but in need of an update.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
284 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Hotel Domine Bilbao or Miro Hotel Bilbao

Thanks - I am very keen on having a view of the Guggenheim so I think I'll go with the Gran Hotel Domine.