We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend trip

Which Oviedo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weekend trip

Can you advise if this would be nice for a weekend trip.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weekend trip

I can't answer how Oviedo fits into a weekend trip from London, but I can tell you if you like the lush green of the U.K. this is what you will find in Oviedo. It's billed at Spain as a natural paradise, but I think they, the Asturians, have done a good job of keeping a low profile and attracting more Spanishs than internationals. Within a few hours you can be at the Bay of Biscay (Mar Cantabrico) or on one of the peaks of the Picos de Europa.

You can see centuries old Romanique churches plus a not-as-old cathedral. You can drink the local brew, fermented apple cider, serving in an asuming and unique...Pouring holding bottle over your head. You have to try it or at least just see it. The food is delicious and hearty, and the people are friendly. Who could ask for more?

Easyjet flies in and out, but it's a 30 minute trip from the airport to downtown Oviedo.

UK
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: weekend trip

Oviedo is a fantastic city. Extremely cultural, with lots to see. The old part of town is where the night life and most restaurants are. A gastronomical feast!!

3. Re: weekend trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 11, 2009