We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should we visit?

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Where should we visit?

Our children will be in camp near Oviedo for two weeks. Where should the parents go? We'll rent a car, so anywhere within 4 hours.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,592 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where should we visit?

senora:

You can go to the Picos de Europa, Covadonga, Cangas de Onis, Gijon, Aviles.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where should we visit?

What do you enjoy doing firstly? Asturias has a wealth of things to do, especially if you're the outdoorsy type! Do you prefer coast or mountains or cities or villages or a mixture? Within 4 hours drive of Oviedo you can cover all of Asturias, as it is smack bang in the middle, you could even get over into Cantabria/Galicia/Leon. Is your plan to stay in Oviedo and make day trips, or do a full round road trip, or stay a few nights in a place, come back to Oviedo and head off to another place?

Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where should we visit?

We do not plan on staying in Ovedo, just be able to return within a couple of hours if there was an emergency at camp. We like a little of everything and are looking forward to new experiences Spain. I've spent a lot of time in Madrid, but never been to Asturias.

Cantabria
Destination Expert
for Cantabria
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where should we visit?

Well, in 2 weeks you could see a lot! You could either spend a week in 2 different places as your bases, or 5 days in 3 places, or just flit around from place to place. You didn't say when you were going, but if it's in August then I would choose to stay in 2 or 3 places, mainly because it will be easier to find accommodation for longer periods than for 1 or 2 nights. You could easily spend a week on either side of Asturias. I don't have much idea on the west, but if you were to spend a week in the east I'd choose somewhere in the area around Llanes - San Vicente de la Barquera (in Cantabria). If you're happy to drive everyday to see places, from either of those you can get to loads of lovely beaches, great mountains in Potes and Arenas de Cabrales, and beautiful villages (Santillana del Mar for example is only half an hour from San Vicente).

5. Re: Where should we visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, June 19, 2013