We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have you tried the Taxi Turístico?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Uruguay
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Have you tried the Taxi Turístico?

It has become my habit, whenever I visit a new city, to take the hop-on, hop-off bus to get an quick overview of all the major sights as well as an idea of the scale of the city. Unfortunately, when I'll be visiting Zaragoza in late September, the Bus Turístico will only be running on weekends so it would seem my only option will be the Taxi Turístico.

I've searched this forum as well as the rest of TA and have not found anything about this service. So, has anyone reading this board used the Taxi Turístico? I'd love to get some opinions about the service.

zaragoza.es/ciudad/…taxi-turistico.htm

Thank you in advance,

Ghislain.

Mentioned in this post
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Province of Zaragoza, Spain
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Uruguay
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have you tried the Taxi Turístico?

*crickets*

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have you tried the Taxi Turístico?

Monsieur_G,

It's a pity that you'll miss the Bus Turistico, especially the Nocturno. The night scenery and illuminated buildings are gorgeous. If I were you, I'd try the Taxi Turistico. Zaragoza's office of tourism does a great job promoting the city. If you get to choose the route, swing by the buildings constructed for the Expo and cross the river several times on the various bridges.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40383508@N03/5799923056/

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Uruguay
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have you tried the Taxi Turístico?

Thanks for the tips. Looks like the Expo buildings are only part of the 2 hour tour so our decision will depend on how much time we want to dedicate to this activity. We'll only have a day and a half. I'm pretty certain we'll be doing one or the other so I'll report back.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Uruguay
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have you tried the Taxi Turístico?

We ended up skipping the Taxi Turistico. After four days of intense Mercè activity in Barcelona, we decided to take it easy in Zaragoza and recharge our batteries a bit before Madrid. We really enjoyed our stay, though, The city is lovely and there were very few tourists. The tapas eating in Zaragoza is outstanding and the churros at La Fama are world class.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,296 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have you tried the Taxi Turístico?

Hola Monsieur_G,

I was wondering how you fared! Glad to hear that you enjoyed Zaragoza.

Mentioned in this post
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
6. Re: Have you tried the Taxi Turístico?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 17, 2013