We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zaragoza in Semana Santa

Which Zaragoza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lebrija, Spain
1 post
Save Topic
Zaragoza in Semana Santa

I was just wondering if anyone knew if the churches and tourist sites will be open in Zaragoza Monday through Thursday during Semana Santa. I've been trying to find this information but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I would appreciate any help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zaragoza in Semana Santa

Try to send an email here asking that information. It is the main tourist office´s email.

infoturismopilar@zaragoza.es

My understanding is churches should be open because most of them will do something special for easter, either special masses or processions, etc.

They are also trying to encourage Easter tourism in Zaragoza, so they should open main attractions but this is just my guess.

Although not famous as Sevilla processions, there are also many interesting things happening in Zaragoza for Easter. I am not sure but there is Rosario de Cristal which usually is in a museum that I think (my two cents) is taken out for some fresh for easter. So they show it around the streets of Zaragoza. Rosario de Cristal is a series or artifacts representing religious stuff made entirely by glass. It is special beautiful at night when they switch the lights on. If it is not in processions it is worthy to go to the museum and have a look, the admission fee is very cheap problaby 2-3 euros.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zaragoza in Semana Santa

bailala:

All the churches will be open. Good Friday is a national holiday, so many things may be closed on that day.

3. Re: Zaragoza in Semana Santa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:41 pm, June 19, 2013