We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving holiday in Southern Spain

Level Contributor
3 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Driving holiday in Southern Spain

My wife and I are planning a driving holiday in Southern Spain for 12 days. I was thinking of using Seville as a base for say 6 days and Granada for the remainder. No experience in this part of the world. Appreciate any thoughts and ideas from more seasoned Spain travellers.

Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,522 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving holiday in Southern Spain

Depends. I think a few days maybe 3 in Seville to get the feel of the city is great. Then take a car and drive slowly taking in several places before returning the car at Granada and stay for 3 days. But so much depends on the season and if you are flying into Seville and happy to rent a car etc etc.

There is much to see in Andalucia and frankly you could spend weeks and not see all. So concentrate on some special area/s and try to see as much as possible. For example the coastline around Andalucia is so varied from the natural Atlantic facing side to the Mediterranean. And then inland you have some rugged wild scenery with the high peaks of the Sierra Nevada to the wonderful scenery between Ronda and Arcos de la Frontera. Or you could concentrate on the Sherry country of Jerez, Sanlucar and El Puerto de Santa Maria. So much more.

Level Contributor
3 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving holiday in Southern Spain

Thanks for your very thoughtful reply. Plenty of godd ideas. Thanks for your help.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,699 posts
3,654 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving holiday in Southern Spain

KMcL1:

Read the Driving Guide for Foreigners.

Good hotel in Seville with a garage is the Hotel Becquer.

Good hotel in Granada with a garage is the Vincci Albayzin.

Level Contributor
3 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving holiday in Southern Spain

Thanks for the accommodation tips. Where can I find the driving guide for foreigners,

Thanks

Kevin

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving holiday in Southern Spain

Re: #4 - see Top Questions, right >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

6. Re: Driving holiday in Southern Spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 18, 2015