We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
India
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

I am finding that in June this year there is only one Renfe train around 9 PM from Granada to Seville. We plan to leave Granada on Sunday 23 June and may therefore have to take a bus to Malaga and then a train from there. I am uncomfortable travelling for more than 2 hours by bus, which is why I am not taking the 5 hour bus all tha way from Granada to Seville. Any other suggestions regarding a suitable train or route?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

RENFE obviously haven't completely updated their timetables for the summer! (This is fairly usual.)

The site also says that tickets for that day are not yet on sale.

My current printed timetable shows direct trains from Granada to Seville at 0815, 1124, 1702 and 2052.

Nothing to do but check the website again in a while.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,318 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

jasmine:

Renfe is always late posting their schedules for summer. The only thing you need to do is to check every day. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

India
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

Thank you very much. I will keep checking the Renfe site.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,743 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

""which is why I am not taking the 5 hour bus all the way from Granada to Seville""

Just to correct you. The bus from Granada to Seville takes around the same time as the train journey. Mor or less 3 hours. You can look at times of buses on www.alsa.es Maybe you cannot see the times too far ahead but surely you have this option also.

India
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

Thanks for this information. Is this bus generally full in late June? I am wondering if I need to book tickets now or could buy them once I am there.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

I have lately read elsewhere that train services in Andalucia are being reduced as part of the government economy drive, so it may be that the early train has been or will be discontinued.

RENFE does not often highlight such changes, trains just disappear. It is also being said that the line to Algeciras may soon be closed completely.

Check everything carefully!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,743 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

cubsur.....it seems that the Seville to Granada train route is quite popular whereas some other services are not at all busy so am hoping the trains will be as frequent on this route.

I am fairly certain that the Ronda to Algeciras will not be closed ! Am now reading that the MD train from Algeciras to Granada will also be stopping at the high speed station of Antequera Santa Ana in order to provide connections for Barcelona etc. So it seems that the trains are being put to better use from this week onwards. I agree that things are changing.

As for Jasmine query about buses being full. Please do not be concerned about this. You can organise your travel when you are in Spain.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
2 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

We took the train today from Granada to Seville. It was easy (lots of posts talking about how hard it is to buy tickets). We bought the tickets 1 day in advance online at the Renfe site; arrived at the station and asked for our tickets to be printed; boarded the train; and enjoyed the 3 hour ride. In Seville, we grabbed a cab to our hotel, and then headed out for tapas and drinks.

9. Re: Train from Granada to Seville in June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 30, 2014