We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Touring Sevilla

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, Oregon
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Touring Sevilla

Can't decide: take train from Madrid, use Hop On, Hop Off bus to get around OR take coach tour from Madrid which goes through Cordoba and night in Sevilla then goes back to Madrid on next evening train - but coach tour apparently only passes OUTSIDE of the Sevilla Cathedral. I want to go inside! Any advise from someone who's tried either way? Thank you.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Touring Sevilla

Thorn:

Go by yourself. Take the AVE from Madrid. Read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

In Seville you can see the Cathedral, Giralda Tower, and the Alcazar. Three days in the city would be ideal because there are so many things to see. Seville is one of Spain's cities with the most charm.

I usually stay at the Hotel Becquer because it has a very good location.

PRinceton, NJ
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Touring Sevilla

Thorn,

I would suggest to take the AVE also. This way you have leisure to tour what and wherever you would like. The only thing that may be a set back on some tours you may have to wait to purchase tickets as for group tours you go right in. Also the benefits of the train you can purchase the renfe spain pass. Which is made especially for tourists so that way you can go where you want and when you want. Also with the spain pass you can map out where you would like to go ahead of time. I would suggest going on the renfe website and would also suggest looking up palace tours. They deal directly with renfe and they also do sightseeing tours. So if you had any particular questions or anything they can help as well.

Albany, Oregon
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Touring Sevilla

Thank you Benny and TravelDaddy for your quick and helpful responses. I will check ou Palace Tours. Thorn

Edited: 6:43 pm, April 01, 2013
4. Re: Touring Sevilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 03, 2014