We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Triana or Santa Cruz?

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Triana or Santa Cruz?

Another question!

We want to be in easy walking of sites, or access to quick transport, given that our daughter walks with a cane. We also want to be in an older quarter, with more antico feeling.

Any thoughts?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,619 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Triana or Santa Cruz?

Santa Cruz

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Triana or Santa Cruz?

I'd try the Hotel Alminar. It's a stone's throw from the Cathedral and the staff are very friendly and helpful especially for people new to the city.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Triana or Santa Cruz?

both Triana and Santa Cruz have an old feeling (Triana's feeling is authentic, while Santa Cruz is kind of a theme park created in 19th century after distroying the jewish quarter).

Triana is about 15/20 mins walking (or more) to some major sites, while Santa Cruz is closer to them. However some areas in Santa Cruz has limited or no access to public transport or taxis, so you'll have to walk. Triana is fully covered by taxis and public transport (metro/bus)

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,341 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Triana or Santa Cruz?

A vote for Santa Cruz.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Triana or Santa Cruz?

just my opinion ... i have some mobility issues too, sometimes use a walking stick. after looking at youtube videos and photos of Triana, centro, and santa cruz sections and reading descriptions of the areas AND google-walking the streets -- we went with an apartment in Triana.

It looked and sounded to me like Triana is easier to get around in. The streets seem better lit, less congested. Plus the ability to have a taxi drive to our lodgings seemed safer. Mobility-challenged tourists look and feel more vulnerable. Public buses can be a problem unless they are 'kneeling buses', which also makes taxi accessibility a plus.

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Triana or Santa Cruz?

Santa Cruz is the old part of town, looks beautiful, ancient and romantic. Triana is where regular Sevillanos live and work.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Triana or Santa Cruz?

Both are nice I visit them both ... I like the relaxing dinners in the evenings on the nice prom in Tiriana .. Anyway this maybe we likes this as our hotel was minutes walk from from Tiriana and the banks of the River

8. Re: Triana or Santa Cruz?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 14, 2014