We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only one day

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
372 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Only one day

We are off a cruise ship and are going into Seville from Cadiz and will only have around 3-4 hours in Seville. Can someone give us a clue as to what 'not to miss' while we are there? Thank you. From what we understand, we are dropped off in the center where things are (as we were told) close by.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only one day

If you haven't seen Cadiz, I would stay in Cadiz. It has enough things to keep you busy for a day and it's beautiful (and you don't have to lose 3 or 4 hours in a bus)

If you really want to go to Seville, you'll have to choose want to see. Some possibilities for 3-4 hours:

- Cathedral and Alcazar

- Only 1 of the above and Barrio de Sta Cruz

- Parque de Maria Luisa and Plaza de España

- Walking around in the center: Barrio de Sta Cruz, Plaza Nueva, Tetuan, Sierpes, Metropol Parasol, some tapas bar...

enjoy!

more info on the right hand side column top questions

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
372 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only one day

Yes, I think that will be our options .. never been to Seville so wanted just to see it ... so hopefully the scenery along the way will give us a boost to take away the time frame of sitting for so long .. thank you again.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only one day

The journey from Cadiz to Sevilla is not particularly attractive and will take you approx a couple of hours each way. Sevilla is a wonderful city but you really can't do it justice in a few hours. If you are determined to go, I would say the Alcazar is an absolute must, followed by a wander around the neighbouring streets. But Cadiz is also a very atmospheric city. If it were me, I would content myself with staying there and have a much more relaxing day.

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only one day

I agree. It's 2 hours each way by bus (or train) from Cadiz to Sevilla. This doesn't count getting to the bus station,waiting for the bus and buying the ticket. So, it will probably be at least 4.5-5 hours in transit. The scenery isnt' anything special. so you'll eat up probably 1/2 of your stop just getting to Sevilla. I'd stick with Cadiz - it's a beautiful city and you can enjoy the full day.

If you only have 3 hours or so in Sevilla it will probably be just enough to visit the Cathedral then the Alcazar and have a quick stroll iin the Santa Cruz bbarrio.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
372 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only one day

Well, we might just do that ... I will find out more on the ship .. for we took the Ship's excursion ... and if only a short time, we will do Cadiz 'on our own'. Thank you for all the information. Take care.

6. Re: Only one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, December 17, 2013