We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

Which Seville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:12 pm, August 31, 2015
Oxford
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

The Alcazar of Seville (palace) is a must see in Seville and you could while away a half day exploring the palace and gardens and wondering at the architecture and exquisite tiling. It's open daily from 9:30.

Seville is a great city for wandering around, even if everything is closed and you could spend the rest of the day doing so, the architecture is amazing and it is an incredibly atmospheric place.

The open top hop on hop off bus is also a great way to get around and see parts of the city you might not otherwise see, you can also see a lot more from the top of the bus than you can from street level. It also has interesting commentary.

I hope you enjoy your visit, it's really an amazing place and the temperature should be just nice the time of year you are visiting, it can be unbearably hot in the summer.

Sevilla
Level Contributor
906 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

Wander round Maria Louisa Park and go to the fantastic Plaza de España.

As much as it is for its classic attractions, Seville's beauty lies in strolling around its narrow streets and discovering hidden patios, beautifully tiled and full of flowers.

Take a long lunch with a decent bottle of wine. Relax and enjoy this enchanting city.

Balears
Level Contributor
35 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

Here in Mallorca 2nd Nov. is bankholiday not sure about Seville. You should find it out.

4. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

As others have said, Seville's narrow old streets and elegant plazas just ooze the kind of historic charm we Americans often crave on a Europe trip. Don't fret about museums being closed--the city itself is a sort of museum.

Alternately, if you're interested in new architecture or urban redevelopment, Seville has some interesting stuff: a metro (well, one line) that opened last month, a relatively new tram right through the tourist zone, and a bunch of recently pedestrianized streets. Maybe the most fascinating is the Metropol Parasol project--giant mushroom-looking canopies that will loom several stories over an old neighborhood market. Google Metropol Parasol before you go, so you can see how the finished project could look. It's been under way for something like 3 years, and might be 3 to 6 months from completion during your visit.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

The Alcazar actually is open on Mondays now, thank goodness. My trip was almost ruined because I totally forgot they close that day, but they recently changed.

Maybe try the Arab baths? That's my relaxation plan.

Oxford
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

And hop over to the Oxford forum if you have any Oxford questions!

I would agree with other posters, even if NOTHING is open whatsoever, you will be fine. We spent 3 days exploring the city's many alleyways and squares and only ventured into the Alcazar and one of the churches, there really is lots to see.

I think the Alcazar may well be open, despite it being a holiday:

sevilla5.com/monuments/alcazar-palace-of-sev…

8. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

9. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

Oxford
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need help - what does one do on Monday in Sevilla?

Well I have to say when we were in Seville we were 'rushed' by a crowd of women who looked like Gipsys, they surrounded us and started stroking our palms offering to read our palms, their hands were all over us, me and my partner, it was quite hard to shake them off and whilst they were not violent they were very persistent. All of our valuables and money were tucked away but if they hadn't have been who knows. They seemed to congregate around tourist attractions and we watched them try the same trick over and over. Steer clear of them! And keep your valuables tucked away and your purse in a bag with a tight fastening. Apart from that incident we felt incredibly safe in the city. Thats just my experience.