We are heading to Seville for two nights in November flying in, which is the beast area of the city to stay in and any recommendation of nice hotels
Thanks John H
Must see places in Seville:
1. Church of El Salvador - One of the most beautiful Baroque churches. The ticket from this church allows one to also see the Cathedral and one can skip the queue there. Tickets available at 11 am.
2. Cathedral/Giralda Tower - The Cathedral is the third biggest church in Europe.
3. Alcazar - The palace rivals the Alhambra. See the King’s apartments.
4. Plaza de España - The most beautiful plaza in Spain.
5. Palacio de las Dueñas - This palace is beautiful and has just opened up for the public. This is the residence of the Duke of Alba. A wonderful place to see.
6. Casa de Pilatos - Beautiful palace with wonderful gardens. See the upstairs apartment.
7. Museo de Bellas Artes - One of the most important art museums in Spain.
8. Museum-Palace of the Countess of Lebrija - Has some of the best Roman mosaics in Spain. See the upstairs apartment.
A good flamenco place is Los Gallos (Plaza de Santa Cruz, 11). The main shopping streets are Calle Tetuan and Calle Sierpes. There is a large El Corte Ingles Department store at Plaza del Duque de la Victoria.
1. Cuna 2 (Calle Cuna, 2;Tel 954-211-107) - A large, elegant restaurant with traditional Andalusian decoration and with beautiful ceramic tiles lining the walls of the dining rooms. There is a beautiful bar at the top of the building.
2. Casa Robles (Calle Alvarez Quintero, 58; Tel: 954-213-150) - An elegant restaurant near the Cathedral.
3. For tapas, go to Mercado Lonja del Baranco (Calle Arjona, 24; Tel. 917-582-420).
We stayed near the Cathedral and Giralda in May and we hardly slept with noise from one thing or another. We have also stayed in Plaza Nueva area, which is only a couple of minutes walk away from the Cathedaral and Alcazar, but we found there was nuch less noise. Just check that you are not above or across from restaurants, main walking routes or churches that ring bells at all hours.