We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

new york
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

Hi. Am traveling for the first time to Spain. I will be coming from Albuferia Portugal. I will be staying in Seville for a week. My questions are should I go to Granada and/or Córdoba or just stay in Seville. My kids are 11 and 4. I been to Europe many times but never to Spain. They are ok traveling to different places since we have done it before. Thank you so much.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Europe
Europe
World
9 replies to this topic
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
68,834 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

There are trains from Seville to Granada and Cordoba.

For trains:

https:/…Buying.Renfe.Tickets.Online.html

For Granada:

For Alhambra Tickets (Book early- at least 3 months in advance):

https:/…

If you are too late in buying tickets for the date you want, you can try calling your hotel and ask them to buy tickets for you, since the Alhambra allocates tickets to hotels for their clients. If this fails, you can buy the Granada Card for 40 euros, which includes a ticket for the Alhambra.

Downtown Granada is Calle Reyes Catolicos. Use Booking.com to screen hotels and apartments in the Granada City Center. A good hotel downtown with parking is the Vincci Albayzin. Shopping streets are Calle Reyes Catolicos, Calle Zacatin, and Calle Recogidas. There is a large El Corte Ingles Department Store at Carrera de la Virgen, 20. The Alcaiceria is beside the Cathedral and has many shops.

Good restaurant: Restaurante Chikito (Plaza del Campillo, 9; Tel: 958-223-364) - A gastronomic restaurant that has won many prizes for its food. Reservations are a must.

For Cordoba:

Use Booking.com to look for hotels and apartments in The Real Heart of Cordoba. For those making a day trip to Cordoba, the train station does not have luggage lockers but the bus station beside it has luggage lockers. A taxi to the Mezquita will cost only about 6 euros because the distance from the train station is only 1.8 km.

The best sights in Cordoba:

1. Mezquita/Cathedral - The most important architectural feature of the Mezquita are the double horseshoe arches, made of jasper, onyx, marble, and granite. There are 856 columns in the church and they seem to be a sea of arches and columns to the visitor.

2. Alcazar de los Reyes Cristianos - Has beautiful gardens.

3. Palacio de Viana - The palace has important artwork and there are 12 different patios, all beautiful.

Good restaurants near the Mezquita:

1. Casa Pepe de la Juderia (Calle Romero, 3; Tel: 957-200-744).

2. El Caballo Rojo (Calle del Cardenal Herrero, 28; Tel: 957-475-375).

Shopping streets are the area around the Mezquita, Calle Jose Cruz Conde, Ronda de los Tejares, Conde de Gondomar and Avenida de Gran Capitan.

Dress code for churches: Shorts or bare shoulders are not allowed for either women or men. The Mezquita is a Catholic church.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
35,271 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Vincci Albayzin
Vincci Albayzin
1,196 Reviews
Granada, Spain
El Corte Ingles
El Corte Ingles
309 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Alcaiceria
Alcaiceria
241 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Hotel Alcazar
Hotel Alcazar
1,207 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

How many nights is 'staying for a week'? My initial thoughts are stay in Seville. You can do Cordobla as a day trip. Granada is too far for a day trip with kids. I recently did Spain with my kids (5 and 4). We did 2 nights Granada and 4 nights Seville. That was pretty good, though we could easily have done more nights in Seville and done some day trips.

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
Spain
Spain
Europe
new york
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

Hi. 7 nights. I will stay in Seville but looking to go to Granada and Córdoba. Depending on the distance thank you

Mentioned in this post
Seville
Seville
Granada
Granada
new york
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

Thank you so much that’s a lot information you put together. I highly appreciate it. And will try some things you suggested specially traveling by train and going to Alhambra

scotland
Level Contributor
19,807 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

Cordoba is an easy day trip and by train.

Granada will be about 3 hrs away and Alhambra tickets will need to be booked at https://tickets.alhambra-patronato.es/en/ and factor in the travel time when selecting the timed entry for the Nasrid Palaces .Parking is available at Alhambra main entrance .

Mentioned in this post
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Granada
Granada
Pueblo Nuevo de...
Level Contributor
7,727 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

When is this visit?

If it is during the summer I would suggest skipping Granada & doing some day trips closer to Sevilla.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Hotel Sevilla
Hotel Sevilla
414 Reviews
Seville, Spain
Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

Granada is not a fun daytrip especially with kids. It is a great two night stay with kids though.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
new york
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling to Andalucía with kids for the first time

we are going in the summer late july. thank you so much. for the advice

new york