We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sevilla to Barcelona

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Sevilla to Barcelona

Should we fly or take the train?

Flight is cheaper and faster which means more time in Seville. Train might be scenic and we could stop at Córdoba for a look.

Any thoughts from experienced travellers? It's our first time.

Vicki

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
23,609 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sevilla to Barcelona

See my other message about the ALTARIA train to Cordoba from Algeciras. Then perhaps fly as the fast AVE train covers a lot of ground quickly but that ground flashes past ! I prefer to fly.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,768 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sevilla to Barcelona

The train takes about 5 hours 30 minutes direct (6 hours via Madrid) , flying maybe 1 hour less once the time is added on getting to and from airports, standing in line up to 2 hours for security checks, waiting for bags etc.

If you did want to stop in Cordóba, you need separate tickets for each leg of the train journey and it would mean a rather longer trip. That is not an option if flying.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,640 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sevilla to Barcelona

I would fly to save time.

new jersey
Level Contributor
462 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sevilla to Barcelona

I just did it 2 days ago. Vueling is perfect. 1 1/2 hour flight, best choice if you don't have much time. Just select fro. Row 21 on and pay for your seat about 4euros to have it assigned plus fare of course.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sevilla to Barcelona

thanks for the heads up. We booked Vueling flights a few days ago. Cant wait to see Seville and Barcelona

6. Re: Sevilla to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 13, 2018