We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation Please

New Jersey
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation Please

Hi all,

My wife and I will be spending one night on Granada and looking for a quiet, safe, modern, clean hotel in a good location. So far in my research "quiet" seems to be hard to find in Granada. We are a month away so really appreciate any recommendations, thanks.

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
601 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please

Hello.

If you want stay in city centre the better options for me are Hotel Room Mate Leo, Hotel Párragasiete.

In Albayzin Posada Maria la Chola, Hotel 1800, Hotel Carmen de Santa Inés. Always asking for a room with Alhambra´s view.

Enjoy.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,592 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please

indian:

I recently stayed at the Vincci Albayzin downtown. You can read my review in TA.

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please

The parador would be very quiet but it is expensive.

A cheaper alternative would be Hotel America

granadahotel.com/hotel/Hotel_America_Granada

The reason why these places are quiet is because there is no traffic.

The hotel Morisca is quiet too (except for the sound of birds)

granadahotel.com/hotel/Casa_Morisca_Hotel_Gr…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,483 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please

Looking for a modern hotel. Perhaps one that is not so modern yet does have double glazing and a.c. right in the heart of the city at Plaza Nueva is Maciá Plaza Hotel. I stayed a few years back for a one night and seems that you need a hotel where you do not have to travel far to see everywhere. You will be tired from travels so should sleep well in this small but functional hotel.

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please

Even triple glazing won't cut out the noise from Plaza Nueva.

It depends if you want silence or near silence.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,483 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please

Steven

From memory you can book a room overlooking the Plaza Nueva or not. When I stayed the room was facing the Plaza and the Cuesta de Gomerez street that I took heading for the Alhambra back entrance or Justice Gate. I did not notice any particular noise but of course it could have been a sleepy night. The hotel usually has good rates and is well situated for a one night stay in my opinion.

Having read some reviews about this hotel on TA I support the idea of booking a quiet room at the back without views of the Plaza if this is better. Ask for a quiet room !

I think all Spanish hotels can have a noise problem unfortunately - even good quality ones. In my experience it does get a little troublesome to adjust to the way Spanish and perhaps other nationalities too seem to return from the usual late evening dinner etc and want to continue the chat not only in the corridors but inside their room. This is something quite peculiar to this part of the world, I think. A real bonus for me is an air conditioner fan that can work and also dull out other background noises.

Steven, you mention the quiet ambiance of Hotel America, within the grounds of the Alhambra. I would agree that you would not get roaring motor cycles or hordes of bar goers however reading between the lines of reviews you do get creaky floorboards (a real horror) or the noise of delivery carts and early rubbish collections when the complex is closed or the evening visitors to the late hour viewing of the Nasrid palace.

But if I am tired through touring the Alhambra I could sleep through most of that !

7. Re: Hotel Recommendation Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 03, 2015