We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days to give Granada?

ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
How many days to give Granada?

Hello ,

Visiting Granada is part of my plan next month..I'm wondering how many days should I allocate for this city.I don't like being in rush when on holiday.I'm also wondering will it be possible to head up and perhaps stay in a village in the the nearby Alpujarras or would there be problems with snow?Thanks

John

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days to give Granada?

John:

I would stay 3 days in Granada. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

Yes, the Alpujarras may have snow and bus transportation there is scant.

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,223 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27,076 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days to give Granada?

We stayed two nights with an early train the morning of the third day (and we arrived mid afternoon the first day -- this basically meant we had time only for the Alhambra since we were staying in the Albaicin and spent the first evening there. I wish we had had 3 nights and two full days.

Here is the Albaicin

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,223 Reviews
Granada, Spain
ireland
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days to give Granada?

Thanks ,three days seems ideal to me ,,I do need to buy a ticket for the ticket for the Alhambra online immediately,

John

Mentioned in this post
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,223 Reviews
Granada, Spain
4. Re: How many days to give Granada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 14, 2015