We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Granada

san francisco
Level Contributor
19 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Granada

I see it's been quite a while since a question was asked here about Christmas in Granada. I am planning to be in Granada Dec 24-26 of this year. Will everything be closed from Christmas Eve lunchtime on? Should I be rearranging my itinerary to be in a larger city instead? Any insights on what will be happening around those dates, closing and openings, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
315 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Granada

The 25th is the only day that is a public holiday. Most monuments and sights, including the Alhambra, will be closed on the 25th. In general shops will also be closed on the 25th. However, many restaurants and bars will be open.

Big shops will open normal hours on the 24th and 26th (9/10 am-8/10 pm), but on the 24th some smaller shops that normally open 9-2 and 5-8-ish may not open in the afternoon. Some restaurants and bars will be closed in the evening on the 24th, but enough will be open.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
64,644 posts
3,730 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Granada

You will find many restaurants open those days. However most stores and museums will be closed on Dec. 25, a national holiday.

Murcia, Spain
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Granada

Have you made your Granada plans? I am thinking of spending Christmas there....just researching cosy places to stay....any ideas? and any places good to have dinner on 25th?

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Granada

We have been here for a few days up in the Albaycin, and would love a recommendation for a lovely meal tonight or tomorrow.

5. Re: Christmas in Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 26, 2014
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor