We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winemaking museum in the Alpjuarras mountains near Granada

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Winemaking museum in the Alpjuarras mountains near Granada

I was walking down the cuesta chapiz and bumped into David who used to be a Spanish teacher at Carmen de las Cuevas. He told me that he is currently working as a wine expert and general do it all at a vineyard and wine museum in the Alpujarras near to Torviscon. A couple of days ago I went up there for a visit.

There is an organic vineyard of 7 hectares at 1400 metres. The wine was voted the best organic wine in the province of Granada in 2012. There is a very modern, well put together museum explaining how the wine is produced, from the growing of the vines to the production of the wine. There is a restaurant which does a 20 euro menu del dia but this includes a guided tour of the museum and a wine tasting at the end of the museum tour. The setting and views are amazing. On a clear day you can see Africa.

I think David can speak English but as we spoke in Spanish I don't know how good the tour would be in English. He speaks very clearly because he was a Spanish teacher. I already know a fair amount about winemaking but David is an expert and could give interesting answers to difficult questions. If you are a wine buff who fancies an excursion into the mountains it would be a good place to visit.

The website is not very good and has no English version.

http://www.alpujarride.com

Here are the contact details.

Centro Temático del Vino ALPUJÁRRIDE

Finca Juan de Reyes, S/N.

Carretera Haza del Lino a Murtas Km. 4 (GR-5204)

18430 Torvizcon, Granada, España.

Tel. 622.959.500

gerencia@alpujarride.com

Coordenadas GPS: 36.838416, -3.28597

Mentioned in this post
Province of Granada
Province of Granada
Andalucia, Spain
Granada Centro Hotel
Granada Centro Hotel
565 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
1. Re: Winemaking museum in the Alpjuarras mountains near Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 17, 2014