We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga to Granada - best route

UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Malaga to Granada - best route

What route would anyone recommend to get from Malaga airport to Granada (parking at Alhambra palace hopefully). Is it on the coast road from Malaga to Nerja direction and then turn up towards Granada after Salobrena or would it be heading north on the motorway from Malaga and following it round past Loja and heading into Granada from a Westerly direction. Sorry to be vague about road numbers as although I have a detailed Andalucia map I can't work out what the motorway numbers are?! Also does anyone know how restricted the parking is at the Alhambra as we are planning to use it as general parking for a 4 day period, do you know if you have to pay each time you go in and out? I know it is approx 18 euro a 24 hour period but how does this work if you take it out for parts of a day?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,674 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga to Granada - best route

Angel:

I would take the road inland that passes through Loja. That is the fastest way. You will probably have to pay at the parking lot every time you leave.

The best way for parking is to find a hotel with parking. They charge 11 euros a day for parking. A good hotel I have stayed in with parking is the Tryp Albayzin.

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga to Granada - best route

Parking for 4 days at the Alhambra will cost you a fortune.

Go to Severa Ochoa

http://granadamap.com/so/

It costs 42 euros for a week and you can come and go as you please without paying more.

The only cheaper place is

Aparcamiento AVE MARÍA in the Realejo

Open 07:00 - 01:00 (to get in or out)

4 days: 36.00€

Here is a map

granadamap.com/carpark_map.php?place_id=242

The fastest way from Granada to Malaga is via Lorca.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,884 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga to Granada - best route

steven....I have often wondered how much the parking is at Alhambra because have not used it for many years. There is no official Alhambra Patronato web page that I can find showing prices. Do you happen to know what it costs? For half day and for full day? Is this web site correct ?

About €18 for 24 hours and say half that for 5 hours ?

http://www.lovegranada.com/alhambra/parking/

Edited: 5:14 am, August 08, 2013
UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga to Granada - best route

Thank you I will look at those car parks.

5. Re: Malaga to Granada - best route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 10, 2014