We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit
Level Contributor
564 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

My husband and I will be in Andalucia in the fall and our top 3 destinations will be Seville, Cordoba, Granada with roughly 2 days in each. In a perfect world, I'd like to pick an order of cities so I don't have any letdowns (basically I'd ideally want to try to "save the best for last"). They all look great to me, but one of the tour books talked about the best order to avoid letdowns and I don't remember what they said.

Anyway, we will arrive in Spain near Granada which would make us start there. Then the logical progression would be Cordoba and then Seville.

But which do you think is the best order to see all three cities? If we had flexibility to start and end in any of them, what order would you recommend?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,464 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

I don't think it matters too much, but I might start with Granada as we found the Alhambra something of a letdown after viewing the Alcazar in Seville and the Mezquita in Cordoba. So maybe Granada, Seville, Cordoba. Each town has amazing sights --

Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

We just did Granada, Cordoba, Seville, Ronda, Granada. Every place has its unique highlights so I don't think the order you do them in really matters. We caught the bus between all except the return from Ronda to Granada where the train was the only option.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
623 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

Granada , cordoba , Seville . it's a triangle , and distances between each and the other is almost the same . travelling time as well approximately 3 hours (minus sometimes) . so whatever your route is , there will be no difference .

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

Why have you left Màlaga out of your top list? As good as the three you mention (or better) and streets ahead of Ronda! (Judi). I would stay Màlaga for a day trip to Cordoba and fyou can easily do Granada from Màlaga through the mountains(great journey) 1 night in Granada will do the Alhambra and the city and Seville 's best bits can be done in two days. OK I know each city could take a week, been there, done that, but in a brief whistle stop you rally should maker oom for Màlaga ( and Càdiz if you can)

Edited: 5:15 am, July 01, 2013
Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

We did go to Malaga as well, before Granada, I just forgot to mention it. I won't debate which place is better than another though - all have their good (& bad) points.

New York City
Level Contributor
302 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

Janette, your sequence works out well with our current plan.

Train to Granada from Madrid - then drive to Seville for 2 nights - then detour to Cordoba on the way to Marbella.

7. Re: What is the best order of cities?(Seville, Cordoba, Granada)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 07, 2014