We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay and Alhmabra tours

chicago, il
Level Contributor
47 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay and Alhmabra tours

My family of 3 including a teenage son are going to be spending 2 nights in Granada. We will do a tour of the Alhambra, but there seem to be lots of options including day and night. Does anyone have a suggestion re: which tour would be most interesting? Also, should we stay near the Alhambra or near the city? We are traveling in July so I know it will be hot.

Walk in Granada Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Followme Granada
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Granavision Excursions
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Cultural Tours
Nhue Concierge
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,911 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay and Alhmabra tours

We loved the Albaicin and walked to the Alhambra the next morning -- I don't know why you would need a tour for the Alhambra but it is helpful to read a guidebook before you go or have one as you walk through.

Here was our visit to the Albaicin www.janettravels.wordpress.com I haven't got the Alhambra posted yet but will soon. You should get the Alhambra tickets as soon as you know your dates as they do sell out (if you don't decide to book a tour)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,136 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay and Alhmabra tours

I would do a day time tour and stay down somewhere within easy walk of Plaza Nueva which is pretty central. Once you decide your best morning to visit then get booking tickets. See Top Questions on right if you need assistance >>>>>>>>>

From Plaza Nueva you can visit Albaicin easily. And other sights in the centre.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,492 posts
3,723 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay and Alhmabra tours

ljvg:

You can do the Alhambra by yourself without a tour. Then you can take your time and see what interests you. Tours are too fast paced.

Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
36 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay and Alhmabra tours

We liked Solar Montes Claros in El Albayzin. There's a view of the Alhambra from the shared terrace and it's within walking distance. We found our host to be very helpful as well. Breakfast is standard Spanish fare (lots of bread), but the rooms exceeded our expectations. If you're in Granada for the history, I recommend staying in El Albayzin.

Like BennyMalaga, I don't recommend a tour of Alhambra. I think it's better enjoyed with an hour or two of pre-reading and exploring the grounds on your own.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
638 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay and Alhmabra tours

I would recommend that you take the e-bike tour . it is one of the best tours I've ever taken . it starts from Santa Ana square adjacent to Plaza Nueva , which itself is a nice touristic place worth to see and spend sometime (afternoon and night are the best time) . the ebike tours will take you in a walking or bike tour . first the bus will take you up to the top of Granada and from there you will continue with the guide walking down . you will see Albayzin area , Sacromonte area (gypsies and their houses) , and you will see Alhambra from the opposite mount . All in all it is PERFECT and you will see things which you cannot see alone or donno about . we bought the tickets from Granada bus station . their brochures are usually found in all hotels . if you take the tour. , I advise that you take it 2 hours before sunset . it is the best timing .

6. Re: where to stay and Alhmabra tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 26, 2014