We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided tour vs. Granada City Pass - Alhambra

London, England...
3 posts
Save Topic
Guided tour vs. Granada City Pass - Alhambra

I will be visiting Granada next week (24th - 25th April) and was hoping to visit AlHambra on our second day. However, general tickets are sold for the whole week.

We have two options if we want to see the palaces during the day on the 25th

1) Guided Tour which includes hotel pick up - 46 Euros.

2) 3 Day city pass, which includes entrance to the Palace and Gardens - 33 Euros

Which do you think is the better option. And is the guided tour better than an Audio tour?

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided tour vs. Granada City Pass - Alhambra

Sorry, I have never taken a guided, used the Bono pass or audio, but I will suggest a third option - have you asked your accommodation if they can get you tickets? There is a small allocation to the accommodations in the city.

Edited: 7:04 am, April 19, 2013
London, England...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided tour vs. Granada City Pass - Alhambra

Thanks for your reply. It was my hotel who said they can arrange the guided tour mentioned..

I'm leaning towards the city pass whcih gives me the option of entering the palace at 1:30pm, so we can have the entire morning to explore the rest of the grounds.

Has anyone had any experiences with the city pass?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,881 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided tour vs. Granada City Pass - Alhambra

The City pass has a warning saying :

WARNING:

The visit to the Generalife Gardens and the Alcazaba should be done the same morning or afternoon of the visit of the Nasrid Palaces.

Please take into account that there are two visiting time shifts: Morning (from 8.30am to 2pm) and Afternoon (from 2pm to 6pm in winter /8pm in summer).

UNQUOTE

Reading this seems to indicate that using this pass allows an entry as you mention of 13.30 and you will need at least an hour maybe more at the Nasrid Palaces so according to this Warning you will not be able to go to the Alcazaba nor Generalife Palaces in afternoon. And as you are planning to visit the rest of the complex before Nasrid then this would be fine.

This seems at odds to the advice that I was passed by someone working at the Alhambra last week to the effect that if your morning session ticket has an entry time for the Nasrid Palaces after 12.30 then this allows you to visit the other ticketed areas after 2pm. !

How confusing ! Maybe if you do get to buy a 1.30pm Nasrid time slot you could check when you have the ticket and let us know !

London, England...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guided tour vs. Granada City Pass - Alhambra

I just phoned them to clarify and they said that the 1:30pm palace slot constitutes the morning session, 8:30am-2pm.... so they advise me to see as much as I can before my palace slot. However, as my slot is after 11:30pm, I also have the option of visiting the Alcazaba and Generalife in the afternoon. Essentially, this means that my ticket is valid for the whole day.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,881 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guided tour vs. Granada City Pass - Alhambra

Mmmmm. The 1130 time is a quandary. See previous message. I am told that in summer it is after 1230 but maybe you could clarify once you return ? Certainly 1.30 is good.

6. Re: Guided tour vs. Granada City Pass - Alhambra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 21, 2014