We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seville to Granada

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Seville to Granada

Hi, can one base oneself at Seville and do a trip to Granada or is it better to stay at both places?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seville to Granada

Kalyan:

I would stay at both places. To see the Alhambra, it is better to stay 2 days there. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,270 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seville to Granada

You can take a day trip to Cordoba from Seville by train and visit the Mesquita

www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/index.html

Outside Cordoba train station you take the local bus to the old town

www.andalucia.com/cities/cordoba.htm

Edited: 3:36 am, January 03, 2013
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seville to Granada

thanks for your answers. Planning stay in both now. We were looking at the musica hotel for seville...any good hotel reccos for granada would be highly appreciated. I am a food & travel blogger from Mumbai and am looking forward to discovering Spain. My blog is www.finelychopped.net

Connecticut
Level Contributor
68 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seville to Granada

Same situation with first time visit, after reading reviews for two hours decided to book the jr suite at Hotel Amadeus (music hotel) as most of the reviewers stated they had spent a lot of time reviewing/deciding on hotels themselves. The smaller rooms may be too confined so think about a larger room, but we aren't there to sit in the room anyway! Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seville to Granada

Kalyan,

We stayed at 2 places in Granada. On the mountain, Hotel America. In Plaza Nueva, Hotel Macia Plaza.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187441-d227698…

The latter hotel is reasonably priced and very convenient. Walking distance to the Cathedral and just across the way from the path leading up to the Alhambra's Justice Gate. Also a good spot for visiting Albaicin and Sacromonte.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,220 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seville to Granada

The small rooms in the Amadeus in Seville have very little room to move around, although it is a lovely hotel.

In Granada, I would recommend the Abadia Hotel, just in the old town and an easy walk from the Cathedral and other sights in the centre. You would need to take a bus or taxi to the Alhambra. See http://www.abadiahotel.com/abadia/index.htm

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seville to Granada

Kalyan:

A hotel with character downtown is the Tryp Albayzin, with a very good location.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,439 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seville to Granada

As Nick says, the rooms at the Amadeus can be small, but the hotel itself is just beautiful, like being in the home of a rich and musical aunt with great taste in antiques, flowers and decoration. Incredibly helpful staff and some nearby places to eat that were magical. This was our second time to Seville and it didn't disappoint (plus the shoe shopping is out of this world)

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seville to Granada

I sprung for a superior at the Amadeus as I had budget hotels in other cities. So lovely- a small sitting area with a tiny couch and tv that I never used a huge bathroom with floor warmer and a comfy double bed with patio. It was recently remodeled and was separated from lobby by a small courtyard. I loved my stay there!

USA
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seville to Granada

We enjoyed hotel Anacapri. Nice rooms, good service, great location.