We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Madrid to Granada

Bangi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
42 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Madrid to Granada

I'm planning for our family holiday for next December and thinking of going to Granada from Madrid. How is the driving condition between the 2 cities and how long will it take? Is stop over recommended? For information, I've never driven in Spain before, although I've driven in other foreign countries during our visits before.

Is the winter weather in Granada like that in UK?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,309 posts
3,585 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Driving from Madrid to Granada

Azlina:

Be aware that during winter there may be snow in the mountain passes, which are very high. So you need to have chains in the car.

Several years ago I was driving to Granada and at one high mountain pass, I was able to drive through only by the skin of my teeth because there was so much snow and I had no chains.

12. Re: Driving from Madrid to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 23, 2013