We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight bus from Madrid to Granada

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight bus from Madrid to Granada

My husband and I will be traveling to Spain in early October. In an effort to save time, we are considering taking the bus from Madrid to Granada that departs at 1:30am and arrives in Granada at 6:30am. Has anyone had any experience with the overnight bus? Is it safe?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,402 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight bus from Madrid to Granada

Safe as houses. The SUPRA Economy bus has some extra comfort if you want to depart 30 mins later. But check schedules www.alsa.es

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight bus from Madrid to Granada

Great :) Thank you so much!

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,013 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight bus from Madrid to Granada

It is safe, as Cadiz_lover said, but I doubt it will save any time. Sleeping in a bus (even comfortable SUPRA) is not the same as sleeping in a bed, so I guess your first day in Granada will be a looong one.

Minnesota
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight bus from Madrid to Granada

I am heading to Spain on Saturday and was told there's no benefit in buying train tickets early. I just looked and Madrid to Granada that was 30 euro is now almost 70 euro. Should I book them now at 70 or wait to buy them at Atocha?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,402 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight bus from Madrid to Granada

Often RENFE Spanish Railways will discount a certain number of seats on trains that are not looking like being very busy and on other trains not give advance discounts at all ! The main savings are on the long distance trains and on Madrid Granada the normal current fare for basic yet comfortable seat is about €70 and even during next week on Tuesday/Wednesday and on some other dates you can buy a seat for about €40. But these discounted seats do come with some Terms and Conditions of course so you need to be sure of travelling on that particular train. The bus and certainly the SUPRA bus affords same sort of travel time at a lower cost and is a popular way of moving between the cities.

6. Re: Overnight bus from Madrid to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 23, 2013