We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best neighborhood to stay in Granada

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
best neighborhood to stay in Granada

What is the best neighborhood to stay in for visit to Alhambra and the rest of the city. I will have a car and no kids.

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best neighborhood to stay in Granada

I was there a couple of weeks ago and stayed in Hotel Dauro:

http://www.hoteles-dauro.com/

It´s located just a few metres from the Old town so you don´t have to drive around those narrow streets, and in just five minutes from the Cathedral and Calle Navas, two good areas for tapas.

They even park your car in their private garage at a cost of 16 E (maybe a little expensive,but I think public parking must be even more expensive)

Take into occount that hotel Dauro II is (yes) located in the old town so a little more complicated to reach by car

Northampton, MA
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best neighborhood to stay in Granada

You should stay either in or near Old town "Albaicin" or up the hill near the Alhambra. In the old town you will be right near all of the great restaurants, tapas bars etc. but having a car is a major hassle in Granada. If you must have a car either put it in a parking lot and leave it or stay up near the Alhambra which is about a 20 min walk to Albaicin down a long hill through the woods. I prefer staying in town but the area around the Alhambra is quiet and nice.

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
598 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best neighborhood to stay in Granada

Hello.

Try in Nh Hotel VIctoria, with parking.

4. Re: best neighborhood to stay in Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 20, 2013