We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking

Hi, I have booked into the Macia Plaza Hotel at Plaza Nueva 4, for Sunday 25th March. Does anyone know if the hotel is accessible by car and where we would be able to park please? I can't seem to find an email address for this hotel.

Kind regards, Caroline.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
829 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Crazy as it sounds, I was in Granada for three days during a recent trip, and I left the car at the airport parking lot. It was reasonable, but the taxi into and return from Granada was a little expensive. Still, I didn't need the car but the way the rental worked it was cheaper to keep it active and pay the parking than to return it and start another rental period.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

Hi SanNic44. I seem to have 2 threads the same. I must have hit submit twice! I am at a loss as to what to do with all the advice on the other thread but I think it will work out cheaper and easier to hire a car. I really don't want to be governed by a time table and I know I can't lift a bag or walk far with luggage. So it is much better for me to have it loaded in and out of a car by my husband and when I am only staying one night in a hotel I only need take a small bag to the room and can leave the rest locked in the boot of the car. The train is very expensive I think. I don't know how much petrol is. I am still waiting to hear back from the hotels regarding the parking.

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

If you can't even lift a bag you are going to have a difficult time getting into the Macia Plaza Hotel. There is a 30 metre walk across the pavement to get to the door and there is nowhere to stop the car unless one person stays with the car and then drives it off after unloading. Then you have the nightmare of finding somewhere to park and then getting back there.

That is as long as you arrive between 2pm and 8pm and don't get stopped by the barrier.

If I were you I would cancel your booking immediately so that you can book a place that is more car friendly.

It would be OK without a car because you could get a taxi.

Any accomodation of any repute should provide you with arrival instructions and clearly face up to the parking issue.

However this isn't very normal. Hotels just give you the address and consider that the arrival is your problem.

A lot of hotels don't like to admit that they don't have parking in their publicity.

There are hardly any car friendly hotels in the centre of Granada.

It is best to park in a car park such as Severa Ochoa and then get a taxi.

http://granadamap.com/so/index_en.htm

then you can choose your accomodation without worrying about parking.

If you really have to use the car the

Sol Melia has a car park next to it

granadahotel.com/hotel/Melia_Hotel_Granada

The Hesperia has its own car park

granadahotel.com/hotel/Hotel_Hesperia_Granada

The only place which has its own parking that I know of the the Albayzin is this apartment.

http://granadainfo.com/palmera/

4. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, April 18, 2013