We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
80 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Granada in April. The simplest (and cheapest) way in and out is flying into Madrid and taking a bus to Granada. My question is about my last day. I see that there is a bus that leaves at 2am from Granada and that the station has lockers. Are these lockers available at all hours? I'll need one after checking out earlier in the day. And is it relatively safe to hang out at the station late at night?

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
601 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

The bus station of Granada, has baggage that you can use for a fixed price that includes a day. The station is far from Granada city center 40 minutes away. The area at night is not too safe in the neighborhood. Inside the station, yes there is security.

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

If it suits what you will do during the remaining hours, ask your accommodation to look after your luggage.

I have plenty of experience of Granada bus station, but not of the lockers or later than 1800 hours. The bus station is distant from the centre (or some sights you may still wish to see), perhaps 20 or 25 minutes by bus.

Trevelez, Spain
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

If it helps your plans, there are left luggage lockers below the Alhambra ticket office , available for public use. Leaving bags at your hotel seems favourite though, as #2 suggested.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

You might be saving a little money by taking the bus but it's a long and late trip, even further inconvenienced by this luggage problem.

Go by Renfe train instead. You could store your luggage at the station and take either the 9am or 6pm train. AND since you still have 3 months to book, you qualify for the big discounts. I checked just now and the Web price for a 1-way ticket is 27.60 euros.

Edited: 12:44 pm, January 04, 2012
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
36 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

I plan on going to Granada in April 2012 as well. What is the best way to get from Granada to Barcelona?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

Best and cheapest are NOT always the same thing. From Barcelona, you could fly. Vueling often has good deals, if you buy in advance and travel mid-week.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
36 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

Thank you Gigis_mum. I was actually looking at the Renfe website right now after I saw your post and I see tickets from Madrid to Granada on 22 Apr 2012 for 68.90 euros, not 27.60 euros. Am i missing something?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

Check Spanair too. Sometimes for certain flights, they are even cheaper than Vueling. One-way can be as low as 35 euros plus tax.

27.60 euros is the Web special. Could you see the little purple "W"?

Edited: 1:16 pm, January 04, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,295 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

April 22? That's more than 62 days in advance. I don't know what page you're looking at but 'real fares' are not listed that far out... Try looking at fares within the 62 day window and you'll get an idea of what your actual fare will be.

https://venta.renfe.com/vol/index.do

Edited: 1:20 pm, January 04, 2012
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
36 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Granada Lockers and Overnight Bus to Madrid

You are right. I now see the 27.60 euros in the 62 day window with the little purple "w". Earlier from the main page, I clicked "Timetables and Prices" instead of "Purchase". Thank you so much!!!