We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from cordoba to granada and visiting alhambra

Egypt, ElMansoura
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from cordoba to granada and visiting alhambra

we are planning a day trip from cordoba to granda and back in the same day. can anyone help us how to travel from cordoba to granada and how can we reach alhambra using puplic transportation or walking if possible. I have purchaced tickets to alhambra in the afternoon 14:00 to 20:00. we will be travelling next monday. thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,757 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from cordoba to granada and visiting alhambra

I think you should look at www.alsa.es and see the bus schedule. If possible think of buying tickets online ? At Granada bus station you can take bus 3 or 33 from outside on the main road going into the centre of the city along Gran Via. You can get off at the last stop on Gran Via and walk to Plaza Nueva. Or take one of the regular Alhambra micro buses up to the main entrance where you could collect your tickets.

Egypt, ElMansoura
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from cordoba to granada and visiting alhambra

thanks Cadiz_lover

there is a bus that return to cordoba at 23:45. Do you think walking in cordoba tha late is safe. knowing that my hotel is about 600 m from the bus station

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,757 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from cordoba to granada and visiting alhambra

Yes Cordoba is fine.

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
601 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from cordoba to granada and visiting alhambra

I would advise you to travel to Granada on another occasion. In a single day you will see the Alhambra and go to Cordoba with the feeling that you have left most of the city to see.

Basic plus the Alhambra, the cathedral, the royal chapel, Alcaicería, Carrera del Darro to Paseo de los Tristes

5. Re: travelling from cordoba to granada and visiting alhambra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 03, 2012