We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
74 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Any

Hi All, We are travelling on Monday 22nd from Nerja to Granada and wondered was there anywhere on the way worth breaking the journey for ??.

Also we are looking for a mid priced Restaurant that might have a bit of "Buzz" ,especially as it's a Monday night.

We saw Bar Poe and thought it might be a good place to start ??.

WE are staying at Hotel Santa Isabel la Real .

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
585 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any

I recommend you to leave at night because the area of the square romanilla(Near cathedral) meet there good places for tapas or dinner "EL Deseo", "Ermita Centro" Cunini".

Poe bar is nothing special. Another good area for tapas or dinner is navas street with bars like "El tabernáculo", "La Chicotá", "el Enganche" "El Figón de Galicia", etc, etc.

Enjoy Granada.

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
353 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any

Hi Opel,

To respond to the first part of your post. The journey from Nerja to Granada really is quite short a journey, no more than 90min. And I would also say that as you will be on the motorway from the coast up to Granada you will be adding more time and km onto your journey by stopping.

That said, the valley of the Alpujarras is a very worthwhile stop. The first village Lanjaron is about 10-15 min detour from the motorway. Check out further posts on the alpujarras.

Finding a good mid priced restaurant on a Monday night might be tricky enough. A large number are closed on Mondays. Bar Pöe (I am not sure but it might close on a monday aswell) is truly a great spot in Granada, but it is a bar. There is always a great buzz, and the tapas are fantastic, I would find that maybe 3 or 4 would be enough for me as a substitute for dinner. And that will come to about a tenner.

Calle Navas or Campo de Principe is your best bet to find a restaurants with a bit of a buzz and value for money.

That said, my personal advice would be to enjoy a decent size late lunch and just make the most of the free tapas in the evening. You will find that usually 3 or 4 will be sufficient and they come absolutly free with every drink.

3. Re: Any

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, May 09, 2011