We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, hotel location

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help, hotel location

I though of booking an hotel tonight (2 days this month), but I think I need some help…

The hotel location is very important (not the view) because we are traveling with a toddler… what would be a "good" location? (We'll visit Albacin and Alhambra, maybe the cathedral).

Should I look for a hotel near "Plaza Nueva"?

Near "Paseo de los tristes" (Hotel Casa morisca) would be a good location?

I'm hoping to use public transportation as few as possible…

By the maps I have right now I'm not sure where is the entrance to Alhambra…, near Hotel Alhambra palace?, is this a good location?

Inside the Alhambra would be the best??

I'm a confused and tired person right now... please help

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
587 posts
375 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, hotel location

Hello.

Hotel with good comunication and centrical.

-Hotel Palacio de Santa Paula, Gran vía de Colon (www.ac-hotels.com) Old monastery in History centre. 100m bus Alhambra. 150m albaycin and Plaza nueva. Stop airport bus in front the hotel.

-Hotel Palacio de los Patos (www.hospes.es) in commercial distric

-Hotel nh Victoria.(www.nh.com) 200m Alhambra bus and 300m Plaza nueva. In Commercial and history centre. Urban buses and airport bus stop in front the hotel .

-Hotel Casa del Pilar in Plaza Nueva, near Alhambra and Albaycin in historic centre. Typical Granada´s house.

-Hotel hesperia Granada in a quiet street of granada´s historical and commercial center. 100m Cathedral an royal chapel, 100m to alhambra buses and 200 m to Albaycin.

-Hotel Casa Morisca, charming hotel in albaycin quarter, 300m to Plaza nueva, 500m to Cathedral and buses to Alhambra. beautifuls views to Alhambra in some rooms.

More cheap.

-Hotel Macia plaza. in plaza nueva in front hotel bus stop to Alhambra.

-Posada Pilar del toro (www.posadapilardeltoro.com) 50m to Cathedral, 100m to Albaycin and 100m to Alhambra buses.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,783 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, hotel location

Yes, the entrance to the Alhambra is near the Hotel Alhambra Palace. This hotel is at the high end and is a great hotel for those who can afford it. Its restaurant has magnificent views of the city below.

The parador is inside the Alhambra grounds, but it is the most popular parador in Spain and you have to reserve way in advance.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
744 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, hotel location

I think... if you stay "inside" the alhambra area... it's an area higher up than the city of Granada. I'm not sure about the transport system to and from there.

4. Re: Help, hotel location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, September 12, 2009