We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

egham
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

where to stay

today, 17:54

We are planning a 2week trip to Granada and the surrounding attractions from late Oct. We like to swim so are keen to find accommodation, preferably self catering or B&B with access to a good size heated or indoor pool . Can you offer any suggestions please. We are middle aged but like music and dance venues if you have any recommendations (salsa etc) .

7 replies to this topic
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

This year? Many apartments will be rented already and heated pools are rare. Outdoor pools will be closed. There are some hammams, but small and not quite the same. I suggestnuou review websites,loke hotel dot com, booking dot come, and AirBnB to see what is available for your dates, then come back and ask whether it is a good location.

For some options, know that Albacin (with various similar spellings) is steep with narrow one way streets. Often cars are prohibited most of the day. 15 century buildings mean no elevators. The part closer to calle del Elvira or Gran Via de Colon is easier to manage. Plaza Nueva is pretty much ground zero.

This is a university town. Ahywhere can bring music or dancing.

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

There is a pool here

http://granadainfo.com/palmera/

Click here for a list of places with pool.

Mainly hotels but some apartments.

http://granadahotel.com/with_pool.htm

The temperature of an unheated outside pool in Granada in late October is about

16C

egham
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

It sort of confirms what I thought would be the case but its worth asking. Thankyou for your help

egham
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

I have looked at these but it appears most out door pools are aimed at the summer and unlike colder destinations indoor pools are not really the norm . THanks for your help

Granada, Spain
Destination Expert
for Granada
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

My own pool is about 20C at the moment, that is slightly too cool for me but a few years ago I swam till the end of September and the temperature got down to about 18C. At that temperature it makes your head hurt and takes your breath away..

People in Finland jump into lakes at 1C so maybe we are wimps.

I have a friend on the coast and she swims in a wet suit all winter.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
69,750 posts
3,767 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay

Most hotels stop heating their pools in mid-September.

Granada, Spain
Level Contributor
601 posts
373 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay

You can book in these hotels with indoor swiming pool.

Hotel luna de Granada.

Hotel Villa Oniria.

Hotel senator.

hotel Palacio de los Patos.

Reply to: where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted