We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Birthday supplies

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
Birthday supplies

My little girl turns 3 while we are on hols next week, can anyone point me in the direction of a shop I can get some helium balloons, ideally Disney character type and a bakery for a nice cake. We are staying at the Sol House Aloha!

Many thanks!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
817 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Birthday supplies

Hi Tracey, There is a bakery on Calle San Miguel , If you go to the town at the top of the steps walk straight ahead and it is to your left , Although it might be worth asking if the hotel would be prepared to do it , Our hotel has an array of cakes every day , When you are up there you can get all your kiddies party stuff in Dealz, Not sure if they have Disney / Helium balloons but it is worth a look.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,976 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Birthday supplies

If you walk along to La Carihuela at your end of the village there's a bakery which does cake requests. Much closer than central Torre Town.

Dealz (the non-UK version of Poundland) will have all the rest.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
5,389 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Birthday supplies

I have just been in Dealz and didn't see any helium balloons but I wasn't really looking. You may want to cut to the chase and catch the train into Malaga Maria Zambrano (20 minutes) and go to the Larios Centre where there is a Disney store.

To get there come up out of the Cercanias station and turn left through the concourse and as far as Pull and bear. Take that exit out and carry straight ahead until you get to the Larios . There are bends and roads to cross but basically it is straight. or come out of the main station entrance and turn left. Straight ahead again.

it could be part of a great day out in Malaga but it will be very busy this week because it is Feria. lots of little girls with flamenco dresses, that would be different.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
128 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Birthday supplies

Thank you all for those tips!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,976 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Birthday supplies

The Feria finishes today so a day out in Málaga next week will be fine.

6. Re: Birthday supplies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2017