We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress in Spain?

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Parker, Colorado
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dress in Spain?

We are in the midst of packing to leave next Tuesday for Spain. We are staying in Torremolinos with overnight side trips to Seville and Morocco. Debating whether or not to take a sport coat for going out in the evening. Is this necessary? Or would slacks, dress shirt, and a casual jacket be okay?

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress in Spain?

Unless you are planning on going somewhere really special, smart lightweight trousers and an open necked shirt are quite suitable for most establishments for an evening meal - you certainly shouldn't need a heavy jacket for the sake of the cold.......at least I hope not as we are there in just over a week's time!

Personally I live in shorts and polo shirts during the day and change into chinos and a button up short sleeved shirt if we are eating out in the evening, perhaps with a lightweight jacket if we are out very late.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress in Spain?

As usual, I agree with Phil. Am now in week four of an extended stay here on the Costa del Sol, and have not required a jacket at night once, never mind a sport coat. Pack light!

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress in Spain?

Hi Tony,

I wondered where you have been. Chilling in the Costa del Sol. What a good thing!

Kay

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress in Spain?

Four weeks Tony? Bliss!

If you manage to stretch it to five I will give you a wave on the way through to Elviria next Sunday!

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress in Spain?

Still got seven weeks to go, Phil. I´ll look out for you! Yes, Kay, I have been conspicuous by my absence in recent weeks. It gives all the level-headed folk out there a chance to beat me to the punch.

Swordfish and salad for dinner tonight. Bliss!

6. Re: Dress in Spain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 18, 2009