We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

40th Birthday

Level Contributor
485 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
40th Birthday

Hello everyone just a few questions, coming out for long w'end on 31st Jan with my partner it's my 40th Birthday on the 1st Feb it's our 1st time in torreminos what will resort be like. We enjoy our nights out so any good bars & restaurants would be appreciated & also what is the weather like normally & that time of year day & night, thank you all in advance now

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 40th Birthday

Although it's quite a quiet time of year there will still be plenty of places open. Whereabouts are you staying?

Level Contributor
485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 40th Birthday

It's a private apartment las estrellas, Calle Carlos Arniches

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 40th Birthday

Right, so in Playamar then. You have quite a few good restaurants and tapas places there to choose from, depending on what you are looking for.

The weather at the end of Jan is quite unpredictable - it can be warm and sunny, it can be cool and windy! So you'll need to be prepared for both - if the sun is out it's much stronger than in Northern Europe in January, and it can feel quite warm, especially in sheltered spots, so you'll need layers.

Level Contributor
485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 40th Birthday

Thank for that is there many British bars in that area

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 40th Birthday

Not really no, there aren't many British bars left in Torremolinos full stop - those days are long gone. The part with most is at the border with Benalmádena, at Montemar-Bajo.

Level Contributor
485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 40th Birthday

Cheers for that is that far from me & u think I should pack shorts for during the day?

torremolinos
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 40th Birthday

Shorts should be ok, but pack jeans and a coat to just in case, Montemar is a 30 min walk along the sea front and a 10 min bus trip, however montemar will be dead at night, lovely walk along to Carihuela(20 min but not to many brit bars there) Lots of places around so dont panic you will enjoy!!

Level Contributor
485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 40th Birthday

Ok once again thanks for the info

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,169 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 40th Birthday

Your situated just above the bus station right in the centre. I know your looking for a brit type bar but just across the road is calle Rio Mesa and on this street is Taberna Urbana La Alternativa a tapas bar and restaurant that is done out like a bull ring and has a great abience and well worth calling in for a drink at least to have a look round.

At the other end of Rio Mesa from you is El Tornado again a bar well worth a visit for its food.

Your surrounded by great bars all Spanish though not British, but all doing great food and good service.

If you walk down to the bus station (5 minutes) and get the L1 bus is half way point is Hotel Aloha Puerto the heart of the Montemar area, where all the British type bars are located.

For me for a 40th and if your other half likes fish Casa Juans in the Carihuela area would be a great venue. They have 4 dining rooms and an open courtyard which gets a great ambience n a week end lunchtime, one dining room over looks the paseo and beach so you get a great view as well.

newcasle
Level Contributor
17 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 40th Birthday

I would also recommend doing something special like a trip to Malaga - the local train has several stops in Torremolinos and you can be in the centre quite quickly and cheaply - makes a great afternoon and the train stops at the end of the line so you just leave the station and turn right at street level to find the centre!

I would also look at the restaurant options there is a full range and most of the better ones speak English and can make for a good night out at a weekend. I have posted about my favourite restaurant nearby many times - behind the church in lower end of the famous San Miguel Street - but there is also the Galloping Major for a good drink and music (it is based upon a traditional cosy British pub and great inside in winter for couples (just over the road from the top end of San Miguel street on the right hand side of the back street).

I do a tapas trail around the centre most evenings and there are some great venues to pop in for a wine or beer or whisky!! The walks along the extensive promenade are great during the day and you will enjoy the Carihuela area too. Just avoid the bars that you dont feel happy in and keep your belongings safe - you will maybe enjoy it just as much as we do!!