We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

Hi. Can anyone recommend the best way to go around Andalucia? We have 6 days to ago around and our first stop is Torremolinos. We plan to go to Toledo, Seville, Granada, Cordoba, Cadiz, Ronda & Malaga. We plan to take a daily tour excursion to these places from torremolinos but we are open to suggestions. Driving. train or bus perhaps? We can also sleep in the other cities rather than going back to Torremolinos again. Our family consists of 3 adults and 1 child. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Seville
Seville
Province of Seville, Spain
Granada
Granada
Province of Granada, Spain
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,236 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

Toledo is best visited from Madrid as it is not in Andalucia. A long way away from Torre.

If you have car it is just possible to do a round circuit in 6 days but would need staying in different cities.

Possibly better to concentrate on doing Granada from Torremolinos as long day trip.

Then do Ronda on way to Seville then stay in Seville and do Cordoba if you have used the bus Torre-Ronda-Seville. Or car.

Malaga is easy from Torre on local train Cercanias.

Cadiz is a maybe if you have time and you can drive to Cadiz from Seville or train/bus then return Torre by car or bus.

Mentioned in this post
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Granada
Granada
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Seville
Seville
Cordoba
Cordoba
Province of Cordoba, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

Wow! All that fitted into 6 days? I think you would be exhausted and in need of another holiday with all that travelling and in my opinion you won't be able to have long enough in each place (even staying overnight) to appreciate the beauty of the area. How old is the child that's going with you? I just wonder if all that travelling would be too tiring and stressful - especially if you are on and off public transport.

Whilst I think Cadiz-Lover's suggestions are good, if it were me, I would stick with Malaga, Granada, Ronda and possibly Seville. There is so much to see in these areas and also, if you are going to see the Alhambra you will need to book your tickets in advance.

You haven't said what time of year you were thinking of going?

Mentioned in this post
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Granada
Granada
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Seville
Seville
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,227 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Quezon City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

Thanks so much for the replies!!! My son is 4 but is used to walking/travelling. I guess it's just too much. Maybe we can lessen the places to go to. We are leaving on the 19th :) would it be worth taking the day tours from torrie instead of taking public transpo or driving?

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

For me, taking the day tours from Torre would be better with a 4 year old in tow and at least you won't have to do the driving and can relax and take in the view. A day trip to Malaga, however, is really easy from Torremolinos, just get the train, cheap, clean, regular and quick and your 4 year old will probably enjoy the experience.

A day trip to Granada from Torremolinos is easily arranged and will guarantee you a ticket into the Alhambra, not as cheap as going by public transport but worth it. Ronda, is a wonderful day out, you can get day trips or, you could get the train to Malaga and then the train up to Ronda. You can take a day trip to Mijas Pueblo - they have donkey taxis there which you little one would love. Also, as a break from travelling, take a trip to Fuengirola and visit the Bioparc. Its a wonderful place with lots of animlas and birds to see and although some see it as a zoo, it actually is a leading conservation bioparc, small but feels like its a huge place. You could also go to Paloma Park in Benalmadena which has rabbits and guinea pigs running free, with lots of chickens and peacocks and other birds too.

My advice would be to do:

Malaga

Granada

Ronda

Mijas

with side trips to Fuengirola, Benalmadena for some things for your 4 year old.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Granada
Granada
The Alhambra
The Alhambra
33,227 Reviews
Granada, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Mijas Pueblo
Mijas Pueblo
Mijas, Spain
Fuengirola
Fuengirola
Costa del Sol, Spain
Bioparc Fuengirola
Bioparc Fuengirola
3,976 Reviews
Fuengirola, Spain
Benalmadena
Benalmadena
Costa del Sol, Spain
Quezon City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

Thanks so much, Ceejayblue :) i truly appreciate the advice. We might follow the itinerary you've shared :) can't wait for the weekend! Thanks again!

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

Have fun and let us know how your holiday goes.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

I will! Thanks!

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

Hi! Just got back from spain. Trip was super fun! Our itinerary was 1st day: hop on-hop off tour in Malaga then took a train to Tivoli Word for the little one, 2nd day: took the train from torre to Ronda, 3rd: my son and I spend the day going around torremolinos and bus trip to mijas while hubby went to seville via train, 4th day: joined a day tour to granada, 5th day: Marbella/Mijas again. What can I say, we love Mijas!, 6th day: walked along the coastline of Torremolinos and took the flight at 8 in the evening. Was a very relaxing trip and would love to visit again! thanks again for the tips :)

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Granada
Granada
Marbella
Marbella
Costa del Sol, Spain
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,895 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

So glad that you had a great time, sounds like you managed to please everyone! Mijas is lovely and a place we visit often when we're in the area. Love Ronda too and always try to fit in a trip there. Seville is on our list of places to visit and will try and do that next time.

I'm pleased that the tips you got from TA helped to make your holiday a wonderful time and hope you get a chance to visit Spain again in the future.

CJB

Mentioned in this post
Mijas
Mijas
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Seville
Seville
Spain
Spain
Europe
10. Re: Best way to go around the Andalucia area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 31, 2014