We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bajondillo Hotel

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bajondillo Hotel

Hi all

Going to Torremolinos the last week of October. Staying in the Bajondillo Hotel? Just wondering is it in a nice area, any nice restaurants or lively bars nearby? Also how far will we be from the main strip? Thanks

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
172 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

Hi, going to the Bajondillo in March 2014, how was your stay??

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

Area is limited in its offer of tapas bars and restaurants. For me one of the best beach in the area El Velero is just across the road, however, for me you need to walk 20/25 minutes towards Los Alamos in one direction, or the same distance to carihuela area for a wide choice.

The lift to the centre is 5 minutes walk behind the complex, opening a wide range of choice.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,831 posts
3,571 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

Friends:

The Bajondillo Beach has about 40 chiringuitos on the beach. These are inexpensive fish restaurants (they also have meat dishes).

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

Fortunately 40 chiringuitos is very inaccurate - if there were 40 then you wouldn't be able to get on the beach!

There are ten chiringuitos between the Roca Chica headland and the Playamar roundabout, which is a rather generous interpretation of Playa Bajondillo.

As Ian has already mentioned above, Chiringuito El Velero is excellent.

Edited: 3:31 am, March 02, 2014
Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

Chris, It is worth noting (especially if you're not a fish lover like myself) that most Chiringuito's serve lovely light bites such as Chicken Wings, BBQ Ribs, good selection of freshly made Salads, various Baguettes, sandwiches etc etc, but also a vast array of desserts !

There are obviously (like restaurants) the good and the bad, the trendy and the spit and sawdust, but fortunately a good selection in the Torremolinos area from which to choose.

Location is of course the key, and being slap bang on the beach is the perfect location to while away any troubles you may have and immerse yourself in a little slice of heaven....

If you ever fancy a wander around the headland to La Carihuela, give this place a go either by day or by night.....

The Food: http://www.playamiguel.es/paginas/cafebar.htm

The Place: playamiguel.es/paginasingles/bc/beachclub.htm

Have a great time.

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
172 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

Thank you all so much for your responses! I got quite worried when I read 20/25 minute walk - I am recovering from recent hip replacement surgery and while a short walk will be fine, that's pretty long!! So happy to know there are alternatives closer by. We can taxi for further outings. Very much looking forward to our holiday in the sun being as we are in snowy cold Canada right now!

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

Chris: have no fear, a beach bar every 300 yards for your enjoyment. Behind the hotel is paseo del Colarado, three award winning tapas bar all side by side, Hipania, Meson Carlos and La Bodeguita Del Sur, covered walkway between, so no walking issues. All three do a wide range of all dishes, has to be something for every taste bud.

No views of the sea, just the road, however, good food and for me excellant wine choices.

Kelowna, BC
Level Contributor
172 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

Thank you Ian - my faith in the Bajondillo has now been affirmed. I'm really looking forward to our trip!

9. Re: Bajondillo Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, March 07, 2015