We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Record car hire

Which Torremolinos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Merseyside
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Record car hire

Has anyone any experience of car hire from a company called Record car hire from Malaga airport? Are they OK to deal with?

I will be returning the car at 05:00 hrs, do they charge extra for dropping off at this time? I know it states out of hours pick up is charged extra, but not sure if this is the same for dropping off in out of office hours?

Thanks.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,475 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Record car hire

Not a thing JPC, Full/Full NO upfront charge and returned it Full, with no charges. Didnt take their insurance, and got no hard sell. I initially thought they had taken the 600€ deposit from my card, but it was pre authorised only when i checked the credit card receipt during my hire.

I must admit it was a very good service throughout. Although we were a "walk in" so pick up was from the "return" desk in the car park rather than from the airside arrivals hall. No queue at all. On return there was a Q for pickups, but a staff member walked the Q to deal with returns.

ps. I used the original voucher with the "old" wording at pickup, so didnt ask the questions relevant to the "new" wording as i didnt want to rock the boat so to speak.

Edited: 9:58 am, September 30, 2013
Merseyside
Level Contributor
158 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Record car hire

Thanks for that mantalk, I think i'll take the chance and hire the car now for the 3 days.

Wirral
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Record car hire

I purchased car hire for Palma. airport for 10 days through a comparison site. Seemed good value with Record , didn't know them. Bought top up insurance from same comparison site. Record charge for afull tank of petrol & you are made aware at time of booking. At the airport on our evening flight , we were subject to some very sharp practice from this company in which the employee convinced us that the drivers credit card was being declined. Insufficient funds ( they will take a deposit of 600 euros if you don't buy their insurance , & ofcourse we already had ours) ,we knew this to be untrue so far as our very limited use of the card was concerned , but we're now frightened that it has somehow been used by others. A queue has built up behind us of weary travellers & Record employee walks off while we try to contact credit card by phone.we are cut off. In the end another 77 euros is spent in their favour on their insurance with our debit card , then she assures us we have a new car & we are sent on our way. Agreement is signed on a screen not on paper. Paper agreement when I look at it later has added a further 25 euros for speedy drop off , which we didn't ask for & was never explained. Clearly she had exploited the confusion caused by all that had gone before. We had now paid Record 166 euros in addition to the original car hire fee to comparison site & £50 top up insurance for keys , tyres etc To add insult to injury the car was not clean & had 5000 km on the clock which does not mean new as described by employee. At the drop off 10 days later , you've guessed it , there is no difference in service , the 25 euros was just a gratuitous add on which I at no stage ok'd. Would never willingly deal with this company again.

24. Re: Record car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, July 14, 2015