We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Don Paquito

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Don Paquito

Have been looking at Hotel Don Paquito,can anyone tell me is it near or in walking distance to La carihuela?

It was La carihuela I wanted to go to but was getting so many mixed reviews on hotels,

Don Paquito had the best reviews,

Many Thanks

Mentioned in this post
La Carihuela
La Carihuela
2,931 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
belfast
Level Contributor
410 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Don Paquito

The don Paquito is in the Bajondillo beach area but it is within walking distance of Carihuela with lots of chiringuitos and cafés to stop at along the way. If you walk along the promenade as far as the Roca Chica headland which is about a 10 minute stroll from your hotel you will find Carihuela just around the headland. The paseo from there on is pedestrianised and has lots of benches and rest stops. I don't know your age but my 70 year old mum has no problem with this walk as long as we stop from time to time once we reach Carihuela although I think this is more to do with all the lovely bars and restaurants than tiredness.

If you don't fancy the walk back it is no problem getting a taxi, several of the larger hotels have taxi ranks outside their doors. It is easy to get carried away and walk further than you mean to. The first time I stayed in Torremolinos we walked along the paseo from Bajondillo to Benalmádena, only realising how far we'd gone when we reached the Marina. The walk back took rather a long time and resulted in very sore feet. :-)

Personally, I prefer to stay in the Montemar area between Carihuela and Benalmádena as each very different area is within walking distance. There are some very good hotels in this area including Sol Aloha Puerto, Riu Nautilus and Amaragua. Hope this helps.

Angie

Edited: 7:47 pm, June 04, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Torremolinos
Torremolinos
Costa del Sol, Spain
scotland
Level Contributor
18,618 posts
319 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Don Paquito

To La carihuela it would take about 20-30 mins easy stroll along the Paseo

Mentioned in this post
La Carihuela
La Carihuela
2,931 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
North West England...
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Don Paquito

From your other post on the subject of 4 star hotels near La Carihuela , the Don Paquito is up a side street not directly on the paseo and still a long walk from there.

The hotel is very small compared to the others recommended to you . No entertainment and only a very small lounge area .

If you'd rather be in that area tho I'd take in the Don Pablo, Don Pedro, Don Marco complex which the Don Paquito is not related to .

Mentioned in this post
La Carihuela
La Carihuela
2,931 Reviews
Torremolinos, Spain
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,761 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Don Paquito

Two bars close to the Don have received awards in the recent tapas competition, one was firts for the best service in a tapas bar and another 2nd in the most creative tapas catagory. These bars are next door but one to each other.

many bars in the area.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Don Paquito

Thank You Angie,your feedback has been much helpful.glad it is in walking distance.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Don Paquito

Thank you all for your replies

7. Re: Hotel Don Paquito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 07, 2014