We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets

wales
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Markets

Can any one tell me days-times of the markets please in August and if they are accessible by the bus from Benalmadena Thanks.

wales
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets

In Torremolinos!

scotland
Level Contributor
13,767 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets

> see here tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187440-c154281/Torre…

You could take the bus or train to Torre centre http://goo.gl/maps/HAUfn

Edited: 4:33 am, April 03, 2013
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets

I wouldn't go out of your way to be honest, unless you're a fan of Chinese tat (which is available everywhere anyway).

if you want great shopping and a superb food market get the train into Málaga city.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,610 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Markets

Ah yes, I forgot about the Crafts Market in Plaza de Andalucía, certainly worth a look as it's in the town centre - I didn't look at the link, the trouble with the permanent traveller articles is they don't get kept up to date.

wales
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Markets

Thank you all . I agree Malaga is great for shopping ill be going there also.

I do like a market though also (tat as well) > so the Tuesday one is in Torremilinos centre so i get off bus at "Torremilinos Centre" and is it in walking distant ? We go there in evenings for meals and the winding steps and shops is that where market it near?

wales
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Markets

ive found an old link off malagogo with directions > thanks for all your replys.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,652 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Markets

I think you will be disappointed by the Tuesday market. Admittedly it isn't mainly cheap Chinese from the Gualdahorce Trading Estate but it is small and getting smaller. I haven't seen much evidence of 'craft' when I have been there either. It is a market style sales set up by the traders association of Torremolinos so nothing you won't find in the local shops.

The biggest market is Fuengirola on a Tuesday and that isn't much further to go, especially if you use the train. Benalmadena has one on Friday. Torremolinos on Thursday. You would probably do just as well going to one of the two big Chinese stores in Torremolinos Centre.

wales
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Markets

Thank you for replies> appreciated.

9. Re: Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos