We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torr or belmanadena

3 posts
Save Topic
Torr or belmanadena

Going to the costa on 20th may for 2 weeks. Never been before and don't know which resort to stay in? Seen gran cervetes hotel which we like but is that too far from belmanadena and any good pubs and restaurants around that area? Thanks

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,277 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Couples, lads, stag, hens? Quiet, loud, HB, FB or Sc? Give us a clue LOL

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Agree with MT - need to know what you intend to do in the daytime/night time as they are two very different resorts !!

A wishlist of likes etc would be handy.

CB

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Lol sorry. It's my wife and I. We're only 25 and first time. We have been to benidorm loads of times and thot would try something different. I know costa is not like benidorm. We would like somewhere with a bit of atmosphere at night. And for me to grout during the day for a few beers an maybe a wee bet whilst she lies at the pool lol. B an b prob as she's would like to go out for meals at night

Edited: 7:51 am, February 20, 2013
scotland
Level Contributor
17,404 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Gran Hotel Cervantes is in Torremolinos centre and quite far from Belmanadena .I'd look at La Carihuela area between both.

Edited: 8:04 am, February 20, 2013
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Although we definitely prefer Torremolinos to Benalmadena, I would not recommend the Gran Cervantes. As suggested by teh previous poster, la Carihuela may suit you well.

Edited: 9:00 am, February 20, 2013
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
264 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Yeah get yourself down by the sea ,great place and walking to Benalmadena is great any time of day/evening .....dont stay up in town just go up there for a wander and shopping

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,555 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Depends if you wish a Brit type food and drink offer, if this is the case avoid the Carihuela area, very Spanish. For a Brit type offer Benalmadena the place.

We are staying at the Cervantes shortly. Great for a city break, some great eating and drinking places surrounding the hotel (very Spanish, tapas Bars etc).

However, not suitable for a beach stay better offers.

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Thanks. Yeah we are looking for a Brit/type resort with british food and pubs also any bars with a bookies in it?

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Benlamadena definately your best bet then - it's the closest to Benidorm out of all the resorts but even still it's nowhere near as mental lol.

Gambling as i'm sure you are aware is heavily licensed in Spain and as such there are few places where you can have a bet.

Bars won't run the risk down here because the authorities are too hot and would be very quick to close them down.

CB

scotland
Level Contributor
17,404 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Torr or belmanadena

Yeah we are looking for a Brit/type resort with british food and pubs also any bars with a bookies in it?

Blackpool ?