We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

GJerpen
5 posts
Save Topic
Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

We consider to buy the Samsonite F'Lite cabin bag - guaranteed to be accepted by Ryanair as cabin luggage - but we have seen that Wizzair have reduced their maximum cabin luggage dimensions. We have this question - but we are not sure anyone can answer, since Ryanair is impossible to get in touch with:

Is there a chance that Ryanair will change the maximum cabin baggage size (55*40*20 cm) in the near future?

Thank you for your answers.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

I've just had an email from Monarch saying they are introduciing a two-pieces rule for hand luggage from November - sounds like a disaster to me, especially if it also means scales at boarding....

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

Is there a restriction for check in luggage on Ryanair? Is a 32" samsonite cosmolite too big for check in?

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

NSG, we too had email from Monarch re the 2 bag hand luggage, and think this may cause hold ups, the overhall size-weight as to be the same, so why change it !

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

Gel the size of case as to be 55x40x20 cms ....

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

From Ryanair's website:

For health and safety reasons Ryanair does not accept for carriage any individual item exceeding 32 kilos or with combined dimensions of more than 81cms (height), 119cms (width) and 119cms (depth). This weight limit does not apply to mobility equipment.

ryanair.com/en/…regulations-checkedbaggage

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

<< NSG, we too had email from Monarch re the 2 bag hand luggage, and think this may cause hold ups, the overhall size-weight as to be the same, so why change it ! >>

What'sthis about 2 bag hand luggage? I usually fly Monarch but my Nov flight is with easyjet, so haven't had an email. I've always taken my small case and put my handbag inside it until I get on the plane ... well, just as I'm boarding ;-) has anything changed?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

Monarch are saying they will allow two pieces of hand baggage from 1st November, provided that combined they don't exceed the existing size and weight limits. As their gate staff never been particularly bothered about reasonably sized handbags etc. in the past my suspicions are raised - if they introduce weighing-machines at boarding I'm off to easyJet!

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

Oh thanks for that NSG. I travel light anyway, so it just means I don't have to keep taking my bag out my case ;-)

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

NSG if you have any hand luggage probs next visit, will you post please :-))

Ali i usually need some toiletries from Boots, so i squeeze my hand bag in the Boots bag :-))

Edited: 2:04 pm, October 16, 2012
20. Re: Ryanair/Wizzair luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, December 14, 2013