We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good food

lancashire
Level Contributor
392 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
good food

Going to La Carihuela, has anybody been to the restaurant called 'Casa Juan'. Also any other recommendations please.

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
885 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: good food

Hi Pippen,

When we arrived at El Tiburon it was a bit like 'chaos at the castle'! In the lounge there were maids and workmen and general mayhem. Our first thoughts were along the lines of 'what have we let ourselves in for'! We quickly dropped our cases off in our rooms and scarpered!

What a change a few hours can make...

...later on that evening the lounge was looking lovely, everything shiny, bright and very welcoming. We later found out that it was the first day of the season and that we had arrived a tad too early.

There was a lot of work going on in and around the pool. I don't know if the pool was being re-tiled or re-grouted as the work was finished when we arrived but the pool still had the remnants of grout etc to be cleaned off before filling. It seemed to me that there was quite a bit re-furbishing work going on in that area.

I would think that the pool area is definitely a little sun-trap.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at El Tiburon and will certainly return in the near future. In fact the guests who arrived after us were all returnees. The staff were very friendly in their own quiet way and nothing was too much bother for them.

The bedrooms are adequate and very clean, o.k the furniture is a bit tired and worn, but this did not affect our enjoyment of the hotel. After all due to the excellent location of El Tiburon it's doubtfull whether you will spend too much time in your room anyway!

The breakfast is good and adequate, especially taking into consideration the budget price of this hotel... the only thing I will suggest is that you take a carton of fruit juice into the dining room as all the beverages are pretty awfull!

I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did.

Arillas.

scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: good food

thanks for reply glad you enjoyed your visit looking forward to returning for 3 time in october we love the area hubby not keen on going abroad but likes there it is a great little hotel everyone so nice especially the young brother and his wife what part of scotland are you from i am from the borders

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
Level Contributor
885 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: good food

Hi Pippen,

Hey...I'm in the Borders too, near Lauder.

Well as you have been before there is no need for me to tell you that you cannot get as good value for money (not forgetting the sunshine!) in Scotland for the same price as El Tiburon!

Arillas.

scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: good food

what a coincidence we are from jedburgh it is really super value for money by the way did you go to the big park and what was it like also what good eating places did you find we went a lot to a little cafe on seafront nearer torrie end had good english food but cant remember its name

15. Re: good food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 17, 2009