We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to Riu Nautilus

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to Riu Nautilus

Hi everyone, we're going to the Riu Nautilus in May. A lot of the recent reviews mention being sat on the transfer bus ages before they set off to the hotel. I understand it's about a 20-30 minute transfer and wonder how much this would be in a taxi please?

Not reading great reviews about the room allocation and believe Thomson guests are put in the annexe of the hotel - any suggestions for better rooms much appreciated as I'll email the hotel beforehand to see if we can request room.

Many thanks for your help xx

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to Riu Nautilus

You can book a private transfer (taxi usually) with Hoppa for around £20 as they have a 25% discount code at the moment. Shared transfers can and often do, have waiting times.

A taxi from the taxi operators at the airport should only be around €25 (give or take a few €'s).

There is a new re-launched airport bus service, but times are limited.

…avanzabus.com/web/bus-timetables-from-Malag…

If suitable, get off at the Melia Torremolinos stop and it's a short walk down.

Trains are cheap and very efficient, but you would need to switch to a bus or taxi for the final part (unless luggage is light).

Edited: 4:17 am, April 01, 2017
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,060 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to Riu Nautilus

I think that the reason people comment on room allocation( I am assuming that you are booked with Thomsons) is that the rooms allocated are the cheapest and thats what Thomsons pay for. I doubt if you will get a better quality room without paying more.

Our room was 020 which was ground floor in the annexe and was ok but had looked on to the lawn and the main building, some further along the corridor looked in to bushes.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to Riu Nautilus

A taxi will be about €25 and will get you there in about 15 minutes, not much point flaffing about with transfers etc. as by the time you've been taken to their parking zone you could be almost at the hotel in a taxi. Transfers to Torremolinos tend not to save money as the journey distances are so short.

4. Re: Taxi from airport to Riu Nautilus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 03, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Torremolinos