We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Ronda from Torremelinos

Freehold, New Jersey
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Ronda from Torremelinos

We will be staying in Torremelinos and want to take a day trip to Ronda. What is the best way to get there? Can we do it on our own or should we take a tour of some kind?

Vale of Glamorgan
Level Contributor
127 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Ronda from Torremelinos

Hi Joycee,

The best way is to go on the local transport. There is a direct bus from the bus station on the Calle Hoyo. a return ticket should cost less than 10 euros and drops you off at the bus station in Ronda.

You can get a tourist guide at the shop in the station, have agood read at the earliest moment because there are so many wonderful things to see you wont want to miss one. Take good walking shoes as the cobbles can be hard going especially on the hills. There are several buses available so you can plan your trip as you please.

Hope you have a great trip, we did.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Ronda from Torremelinos

Hi, Joycee,

There are plenty of local travel agents who offer coach trips to Ronda, plus a guided tour. if required. It isn't as cheap as public transport and it will take all day (7.00 am to about 7.00 pm). They will also take you to a restaurant, if you require lunch.

The first 2 hours will be taken up collecting all the other passengers along the coast to Marbella, then it's about 45 mins to Ronda, if I remember.

Public transport leaves at 8.35 am, 10.20 am, 12.50 pm and 4.50 pm. Journey time is 2 hours 25 min and the cost is 8.26 Euros per person, one way.

Buses return from Ronda at 4.30 pm, 6.00 pm and 8.00 pm.

If you want more information about buses, look at http://www.andalucia.com/travel/bus/home.htm (but timetables are in Spanish, strangely enough!)

Colin

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Ronda from Torremelinos

I have done this trip often, but I always have a rental car. From Torrie, I go to Mijas and then follow the road signs to Coin. From there, follow the road signs to Ronda over the mountains. A very thrilling drive. After touring Rondas, follow the road signs to Marbella. This is a very good road and another trilling drive. Once at the coast take the motorway back to Torrie

4. Re: Day trip to Ronda from Torremelinos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:24 am, August 21, 2009