We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Malaga airport to Marbella

Which Marbella hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from Malaga airport to Marbella

Can anyone advise us as the best way to get to our hotel Marriott Marbella Beach club from the Malaga airport.

Saskatchewan
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Malaga airport to Marbella

We just stayed there and the Marriott Playa Andaluza and really enjoyed them. We had rented a car so getting to the airport was easy. I believe a taxi would cost approx. $60.00 Euro but I could be corrected. That price was given to us from a gentleman who had booked a rental vehicle at the Malaga airport and when he showed up from New York there was no such company so he had to take a taxi from the airport to the Marriott and then put a cancel on his Visa for the bogus rental company. As for the best way getting there is definitly up to you but having a rental car would allow you to go see some of the other sites or go to the markets or Old Town Marbella which was very nice. It just allows you to be less reliant on the buses and more mobile.

malaga spain
Level Contributor
561 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Malaga airport to Marbella

ive just picked up a rental car for 7 days and it cost 108 euros, its a decent size car, with cd and all the extras i used carjet.co.uk, i picked the car up from malaga airport

UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Malaga airport to Marbella

carjet.com do the best deals for car hire, always use them and never have a problem, would recommend a car so you can get about easier but saying that taxi's are very relaible too.

houston TX
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Malaga airport to Marbella

We just got back and you will love the Marriott. Rent a car you will not be sorry and very easy getting around. If that is not an option, I had the Marriott arrange for a taxi to pick us up. Send them an e-mail with flight arrangements, it was five of us so we had to get an van and it cost 78 euros.

New York City
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Malaga airport to Marbella

HUNCHIE and EILEEN 2005-

I'm particularly interested in any advice that either of you may have since you just got back from Marbella and stayed at the Marriott there. Any restaurants, activities or tours that you'd recommend in Marbella? My girlfriend and I are on a budget, but still plan to have a good time, so we're looking for the best bang for our buck. We plan on renting a car also (although we'd love an automatic car, as opposed to a standard shift); any suggestions there? As I mentioned in another post, we plan to visit Morocco and as much as we can in Andalucia (i.e., either Ronda, Seville, Cadiz & Jerez dela Frontera towards the west or Granada and Cordoba towards the east); but would love to get into Portugal as well. Thanks in advance for any specific advice that you can spare. Feel free to e-mail me directly at jerry.juste@umusic.com.

usa
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Malaga airport to Marbella

Going to the Marriott in July - Contact the concierge desk regarding transfers - they can make arrangements foor you - starting at 52 euros. Also provided sightseeing and restaurant information.