We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ocean beach so confused....

Hull
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
ocean beach so confused....

ok so i was told by friends if me and my other half buy a bed for the day for 100 euros thats what we have to spend there,ive emailed them and they said this is the price just for the bed and drinks and food are on top of the 100 euros?!! seems extreme! can anyone help whose been please xx

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ocean beach so confused....

Hayley:

Many beach clubs are very expensive. Beware.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,537 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ocean beach so confused....

Its not cheap to spend time in Marbella/Puerto Banus beach clubs. There are chiriguitos in other areas that charge far less to hire one of the beds and the drinks are cheaper too but these are further down the coast. The problem with Marbella/PB beach clubs is that they have got a lot of hype from the likes of the TOWIE crowd and you will find that you will need a bottomless pit of money if you want to spend time at any of them.

Here's a link to a couple of other threads on beach clubs along the coast:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187439-i318-k74…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187440-i353-k73…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187439-i318-k70…

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ocean beach so confused....

Yeh thats the norm pay for bed and drinks food on top .not minimum spend like other places ..

UK
Level Contributor
174 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ocean beach so confused....

Yes that's right we have just been this weekend. Drinks are dear - 15 eruos for cocktail, 8 euros for water or soft drink (but that's a large bottle or jug), 40 euros for wine. But that's what you pay in most of the bars and clubs as well. If you are going to a beach club I would make it the ocean club - its only a little more than the others but you get the pool and also acts on like acrobats not just dancers like the others.

Hull
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ocean beach so confused....

Yes we've decided on ocean beach regardless of cost I'm only 30 once and want it to be a brilliant day xx

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
5 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ocean beach so confused....

That's nothing, we have bought a bed for the Champagne Spray party and that cost €3000!!!

Hull
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ocean beach so confused....

OMG haha were getting a bargain then!!!

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,995 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: ocean beach so confused....

Easy come, easy go.

London
Level Contributor
469 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ocean beach so confused....

Have a great time! Sounds great - have you seen the photos on the website www.lovebanus.com? Looks amazing! I'm well jeal!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ocean beach so confused....

Some bed deals include a bottle of champagne. Have a look to their website.

I don't particularly like the idea of beds since it gets quite boring after you have been lying there for two hours. Now it is true that I dislike the place a bit, and only take customers there, and lying on the bed with a customer seems just weird.

Have fun.

Get answers to your questions about Marbella